Pulled Pork

Dex

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Looks like I'll be busy this weekend....

IMAG0026.jpg

Wow that's a lot of pork, let us know how the cook goes :thumb:

Nice butts! good luck with the cook!

so to have that much pork...is this a hobby or a career...I am less than a week on this forum, and the amount of information and perfection that is attained when smoking/bbqing meat is unbelievable...i am in awe...my boss is actually getting upset at me, because for 3 days now i have done nothing at work but read threads....this is awesome!

so to have that much pork...is this a hobby or a career...I am less than a week on this forum, and the amount of information and perfection that is attained when smoking/bbqing meat is unbelievable...i am in awe...my boss is actually getting upset at me, because for 3 days now i have done nothing at work but read threads....this is awesome!

For me personally, its more of a hobby. I have a full time job, and a lot of friends and family that love BBQ! I do vending and smaller competitions as well.

A hobby is even more enjoyable when you make money doing what you love :thumb:

How many are you feeding?

Not sure exactly. I had a friend call and want 11, another call and wanted 6, the other 3 are going to two other friends.

Oh... and I have to do 10 dozen MOINK Balls :becky:

Hey.....I have to do 20 butts myself in a couple of weeks!
AND 15 quartered chickens.
Feeding 200.

Doing a bit of cooking this weekend as well of 2 butts, 1 picnic, 3 racks of ribs and the wife wants me to smoke a meatloaf and some chicken too. Shoooot.....may as well make up some MOINKS and fatties too, don't you think?

Man I love this hobby......:thumb:

Dex....we may see each other's smoke signals we're so close together!!!:rolleyes:

BTW.....did you buy those at RD or Sam's? Sam's quoted me a case price of $1.56/lb vs their normal price of $1.88/lb. Those don't look like IBP, so......RD?

Hey.....I have to do 20 butts myself in a couple of weeks!
AND 15 quartered chickens.
Feeding 200.

Doing a bit of cooking this weekend as well of 2 butts, 1 picnic, 3 racks of ribs and the wife wants me to smoke a meatloaf and some chicken too. Shoooot.....may as well make up some MOINKS and fatties too, don't you think?

Man I love this hobby......:thumb:

Dex....we may see each other's smoke signals we're so close together!!!:rolleyes:

BTW.....did you buy those at RD or Sam's? Sam's quoted me a case price of $1.56/lb vs their normal price of $1.88/lb. Those don't look like IBP, so......RD?

Smoke it up! RD is correct.... $1.44 lb. Do you have a membership?

Sent from my blazin' fast HTC Thunderbolt

No.....alas not.

I went in to check the place out last year and never went through with it. How do you like the meats there? I know they have a lot more toys I want there for sure.

I have an old EIN from a business I started a while ago that never went anywhere that I can use to obtain membership. I may just have to go by there and join......:rolleyes:

No.....alas not.

I went in to check the place out last year and never went through with it. How do you like the meats there? I know they have a lot more toys I want there for sure.

I have an old EIN from a business I started a while ago that never went anywhere that I can use to obtain membership. I may just have to go by there and join......:rolleyes:

I like the meats. The only thing I DON'T like is sometimes the fat caps on the pork butts are way to thick. Not a big deal....just money you are throwing away

My invite musta gotten lost in the mail. :p

How much weight have you gained back since biggest loser? I reckon with all the taste testing some of it had to come back.

Can't wait to see the results dude.

My invite musta gotten lost in the mail. :p

How much weight have you gained back since biggest loser? I reckon with all the taste testing some of it had to come back.

Can't wait to see the results dude.

LOL.... haven't gained any of it back... in fact, I lost quite a bit more. I'm now down 90 lbs :thumb:

FINALWEIGHTLOSS2.jpg

I like the meats. The only thing I DON'T like is sometimes the fat caps on the pork butts are way to thick. Not a big deal....just money you are throwing away

Render it down and save it! good for making roux, among other things

Back