Weekend Plans Coming Together

Rain all around last night, thunder etc. missed. Chance again later.
Fire started.

Western Lump, mix of pecan and hickory chunks.

Last edited:
I enjoy seeing these Primo cooks. They are the only ceramic cooker that interests me, due to their unique design.

Heck yeah!
Could you provide details on that appetizer please? Thanks! :)

Flash cooled in Freezer for 45 minutes. Separated the pan equally. Ended up 4 quart baggies. She sampled- She smiled. ‘Bout good as it gets most days.

Last edited:
YESSIR! I have one going on in about an hour.Cooking on the BGE with hickory and cherry chunks.Picnics are an overlooked delicacy.:thumb:

YESSIR! I have one going on in about an hour.Cooking on the BGE with hickory and cherry chunks.Picnics are an overlooked delicacy.:thumb:

Will be curious your details. Mine cooked fast. Actually I’ve never had anything that took all night in any of my current or previous cookers. Most big chunks 250-275* wrap at 4 swag- usually tender 2 hours later. When I’ve used my Thermapen the 4 hour is usually 165* and 6 is 203*. Time and temp can vary on several things but this is close. I don’t use electronics— more of a look feel Thermapen cooker. I have a new Primo dome thermometer so I may replace it today- just because. I had an Igrill Mini for a short while- but found it more trouble than worth. So I’m back to dome thermometer, look feel and Thermapen.

Good luck with your picnic. Bet it’s going to be awesome

Back