• Medium Rare

Votes: 152 70.7%
  • Rare

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
So how do you prefer your beef steaks cooked?

Like this.

ZsONfxG.jpg

and this

9jH6fV0.jpg

and this

58r1RWs.jpg

and this

hIN9nE4.jpg

Just sayin :becky:

I will take it any way I can get it,prefer med-rare,like it hot inside

I like it well done. I don't really care much for steak. Brisket and pork butt. Love bbq chicken the most.

Just never cared for steak that much. I just never saw the thrill in steak. I think maybe twice I have cooked steak. I thought about cooking in an SCA cook off but my heart is not in it.

There is more flavor and joy in a pork chop than a steak. I wish I enjoyed it but I just don't.

I voted rare, and years ago that would have been my answer. Now, what I think is the perfect level of done varies a bit with the cut of meat. A quality filet or a pure bred wagyu, I lean towards warm but closer to raw than rare. Other cuts I creep up into the rare/medium rare range or even medium rare if it starts on the tougher side.

I like a very slight pink thru center - me wife n kids want Zero Pink.

It depends on the steak. For a ribeye, porterhouse or strip, med rare, but for a filet, black and blue.

I like it well done. I don't really care much for steak. Brisket and pork butt. Love bbq chicken the most.

Just never cared for steak that much. I just never saw the thrill in steak. I think maybe twice I have cooked steak. I thought about cooking in an SCA cook off but my heart is not in it.

There is more flavor and joy in a pork chop than a steak. I wish I enjoyed it but I just don't.

OMG, no, no, no, no and no. There is absolutely no way that a basically bland meat like a pork chop has more inherent flavor than a steak. Now, I accept that it might be a flavor that some don't like, but it's flavorful nonetheless. To each their own, but when you cook a steak to well done and force all the juices out of it, most of that delicious flavor goes with it.

If you are adventurous, try this. Get a small ribeye or strip, cook it to Medium well and try it. Then next time, cook it just a little less and try it at Medium. if you don't like it, that's cool, some just don't like the taste of beef. But you owe it to yourself to try :becky::becky:

Rare...
As they say here: A good vet should still be able to safe it ;)

Some cuts I prefer rare to medium rare

OMG, no, no, no, no and no. There is absolutely no way that a basically bland meat like a pork chop has more inherent flavor than a steak. Now, I accept that it might be a flavor that some don't like, but it's flavorful nonetheless. To each their own, but when you cook a steak to well done and force all the juices out of it, most of that delicious flavor goes with it.

If you are adventurous, try this. Get a small ribeye or strip, cook it to Medium well and try it. Then next time, cook it just a little less and try it at Medium. if you don't like it, that's cool, some just don't like the taste of beef. But you owe it to yourself to try :becky::becky:
Pork chop bland? You must have had it the way my mom cooked it growing up. Chewy and dry as fark. Pork chop beats a steak every time. If its done right.
Best ones come off the Weber Go Anywhere. I have plenty of bland pork chops that were poorly cooked but done right it beats steak.

I have had steak cooked at SCA events. I have had them cooked by people telling me how steak is amazing. There is nothing special about steak. Except a black nugget marinaded steak now that fixes up a steak nicely. Gives it some wow factor. There is nothing wow about a steak. Its just bland and boring. Seems to me its over rated.

Back