• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Heading to Humphries Headquarters to pick up a searing station. Do you have any questions or pictures you'd like me to take?

Timing of this post about your visit to Humphrey's has me even more excited! Hope you got some pics and/or video of a Qube'd Pint that should be very close to being finished... :peep:

DSC07557.jpg

Cool thanks for the pic. Would love to see it in action, I received the email and checked out the video.

Just watched the video you posted and my wife could see that look in my eyes: "Man, I wish I had one of those..." Hope to see some pics from the inaugural cook.

That's a nice rig. Looks like a high end, Weber Go Anywhere. Would make a great camping grill, but they should make a deeper lid, so you could cook larger pieces of meat, if you want.

That's a nice rig. Looks like a high end, Weber Go Anywhere. Would make a great camping grill, but they should make a deeper lid, so you could cook larger pieces of meat, if you want.

The theory is for it to be a searing station first and foremost and the shallow design is to have that heat contained close to the meat at the top.

The dividing system for offset cooking (if you see in the video what I'm talking about) would really be a secondary use seeing as they named it "The Searing Station"

I see what you mean though. I'll make note to Craig when he does his shoot for his BBQ Channel to point out how much clearance there actually is between the grate and the lid.

Once of the things that was really cool to me was how quickly and easy it is to get rid of the ashes. You just basically lift the unit up and the ashes are on a large tray that acts as the base.

CAN. NOT. WAIT... to do some testing with Craig.

Check out his BBQ channel on YouTube, he's a much more talented videographer and editor than I am.

BBQiT on YouTube

45642194774_faefdf8703_c.jpg

Last edited:
I get the primary use is a sear station, and it looks like it would work well. In the video, they were also marketing it as a grill/smoker. I just think it would be more useful, for that purpose, if they offered a domed lid, or it looks deep enough, they could maybe offer a second rack, that sets lower than the grill grates, so you could use either. If it were my product, I would also put latches on the lid, and the bottom tray, so you could pick it up, and move it like a suitcase. Again, looks great, and I understand it is made for searing in comps, but I think it could have a much bigger market than that. Might be worth considering, doing an entirely different model, instead of making it a 2 in 1.

Great info.

I get the primary use is a sear station, and it looks like it would work well. In the video, they were also marketing it as a grill/smoker. I just think it would be more useful, for that purpose, if they offered a domed lid, or it looks deep enough, they could maybe offer a second rack, that sets lower than the grill grates, so you could use either. If it were my product, I would also put latches on the lid, and the bottom tray, so you could pick it up, and move it like a suitcase. Again, looks great, and I understand it is made for searing in comps, but I think it could have a much bigger market than that. Might be worth considering, doing an entirely different model, instead of making it a 2 in 1.

Great info.
Great points, especially about the latches, and I agree about potential for a lowered grate. I'll have to look when I get together with Craig about the ability to lower the grate.

That is a neat looking little grill! Thanks for the pictures.

I'm guessing they would fab a deeper lid for you.

Sweet grill! Are you guys using it for competition?

I made the trip up there and the place is amazing. Great cooker great people.

Enjoy your new toy!

Back