More Bologna

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was inspired by Pork Smoker's scored bologna and wanted to give it a try. Mine didn't turn out as pretty as his, but it was tasty. :)
Thank you Pork Smoker!!

I tried the bologna 3 different ways...
First hunk is scored, rubbed with olive oil and sprinkled with peppered bacon salt....

024-5-8.jpg

027-4-4.jpg

The second piece is butterflied, spread with a cream cheese, onion. garlic mixture, then topped with minced jalapenos and bacon....

030-3-1.jpg

Then topped with pastrami slices...

034-3-3.jpg

Rolled and wrapped with bacon...
Smoked both with hickory.

043-3-3.jpg

The third batch was cubed, seasoned with pepper, dipped in beer batter and panko, then fried...

046-5-4.jpg

083-1.jpg

Served with jalapeno cheese, pineapple, cheddar, olives, strawberries and hot peppers...

090-3-1.jpg

The cream cheese, garlic, onion, jalapeno, bacon rolled bologna....

081-1.jpg

The beer batter/panko fried bologna with spicy brown mustard...

086-2.jpg

It was all pretty tasty!

084-2.jpg

I can't pick a favorite out of the three....
Thank you again Pork Smoker!
and Thank you for checking out my bologna smoke. :)

If I left now I'd probably be there in 9 or 10 hours or so. Your sugar daddy is on his way! Where's your house?

Thank you Jocosa and AlbuQue!

AlbuQue, when you hit Oklahoma take a right. I'm on the north side of the road. Can't miss the place. :biggrin:

Bologna that has been butterflied, stuffed and rolled?:shock: I think it's time to forget my diet!:biggrin:

:shock:...............................:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:!::!::!::!::!::!::!:

Cowgirl, you never cease to amaze me!
That's some mighty fine lookin' food there:biggrin:

Your 3 types all look outstanding to me cowgirl.

Where do you find a big .....chub? of balogna like that?

looks good cowgirl

thats a big chub of BarS bologna i think.. i use to get them at Meijers

I use to make fried balogna sandwiches after school in the old days,,also fried spam. That's about all we could get during WW2. I think i will try it again to see if i still like it. :roll:

Wow ..... Great job as always Cowgirl..... (saw this was your post put a towel on my keyboard for a change... it stayed nice and dry :rolleyes:

ma'am, i like your bologna.

that's something i don't say very often. :biggrin:

Could the stuffed one be considered a "bologna fattie"??

Making me hungry and the ribs on the drum still got 3 hours :roll:

yep, cowgirl continues to amaze. inspires me to smoke some as soon as the weather stabalizes.

That is EXTREME bologna! Simply outstanding! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Back