• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

IL State Championships - Shannon IL

Bill-Chicago

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Ma
Well I am one of 60 judges with a guaranteed a seat at the IL State Champs July 9th.

Hope to hook up with Buzz after I judge, and Greg is trying to get a team entered.

Any other Midwesterners entering this one? Would love to pop in and visit you

Good Deal Bill.
I am sure you see the full range of Que :lol:
Take notes for us.
TIM

OK, leaving Friday morning for my first KCBS competition. Jitters are setting in. Will I forget something crucial? Will I bomb my first time out? Somebody has to come in dead last. Will I not be able to sleep the night before, making not getting much sleep on Friday night even worse?

Oh well, we shall see.

Oh, did I mention that it is the state championship also?

You'll do great. Just remember to have a good time. Sleep? Who needs sleep?
Who else is on your team?

Good Luck Greg!!!!!!!!! You sound like me gettin' ready for a competition :) .I always forget somethin'.I tell all my teamates to keep there cell phones on and call before they come. :D

Willy T.

The team this time around will consist of myself, Bob, RonL for starters. At some point along the way on Saturday, my parents will be stopping by to help with cleanup as we will be exhausted (probably). Bob will be doing the beans catagory, and RonL will be doing the dessert category.

A rested cleanup crew is a teams most cherished asset. :D

Willy T.

dxesmkr said:
A rested cleanup crew is a teams most cherished asset. :D

Willy T.

I'll testify to that! :D

Start running a checklist now - and include things like a fire extinguisher, dish soap, bleach, Clorox wipes, cutting board, foil, foil pans, COOKERS and the GRATES!!! :D, etc.

If you want a copy of the one Tim and I use let me know!!

Good Luck Greg, Ron, Bob and (the most important)--clean up parents :lol:
Take lots of pics in your free time :lol: :lol:

TIM

Good luck Greg. I'm sure you guys will do a great job turning out excellent Q.

Just checked the map. Can you get there from here? Seems like the organizers for the state championship could find a more easily accessible location.

Neil said:
Just checked the map. Can you get there from here? Seems like the organizers for the state championship could find a more easily accessible location.

I think it is where they live. Can't blame them.

I'm sure that we'll be nervous, and I'm sure that we'll forget to bring something, but I'm also sure that we'll have a great time! I am looking forward to the whole experience.

I did some test runs on dessert this weekend. Imagine me walking up and down the beach with a plate full of Habanero-Lime Cheesecake slices, asking friends, family and even strangers to taste it! I have some pics but I'll wait until I get back home and have a broadband connection to post them. The comments from everyone were extremely positive. The grilled pound cake with pineapple salsa and tequila whipped cream was also very good, but wasn't as great as the cheesecake.

Back