what would you cook??

The 5 hour time limit might prohibit some items.
Ribs or fatties would fit. Chicks.
I am sure you'll get other suggestions.

just from what i have heard on here that UDS cook faster than other cooker and with a 5hr time limt i would say this would be your best bet. But i am the new guy with out a UDS :oops: so i am just adding some info that i have heard

Fast cook a brisket on the UDS? Done in about 4 hrs. Cook at 325-350*.

Couple of fatties on the UDS. Represent for the UDS People.

Fast cook a brisket on the UDS? Done in about 4 hrs. Cook at 325-350*.

I like this idea... No one else will try it, most likely. Or, Do a stuffed pork loin (although the 155 degree holding temp will dry out the pork)

hey bob, you might want to get in, in your area!!:p

Too far for this weekend, got to work Saturday night 10pm -2am at least maybe longer.
Believe it or not there is no Harvey's in Savannah.

yer only limited to one entry so i would suggest the tri tip also. bet most folks will be doing chicken and pork etc. uds for sure. good luck and don't forget the pics.

I would go for tri-tip,stuffed chops or if you have it a small rib roast. How about salmon?

Remember to grab those bonus points!

Bonus Points: Bonus points will be awarded during food inspection for purchasing required products for competition; 10 points for purchasing meat of choice at Harveys Supermarket and 10 points for using a John Boy and Billy Grillin’ Sauce or 3 pepper hot sauce purchased from Harveys Supermarket. Dated receipt must be submitted. Maximum of 20 bonus points available.

Too far for this weekend, got to work Saturday night 10pm -2am at least maybe longer.
Believe it or not there is no Harvey's in Savannah.

There is one in Richmond Hill, I think. What is that, about 15 miles? That is not too far for a contest is it?

And if you win, you get to go to Nashville Ga for the Championship.:biggrin:

Unless South Georgia has changed a lot, if it is not PORK it is not Barbecue.

Me, I would do real spare ribs, and use a mustard/tomato based sauce.

Back