MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:56 AM   #16
BigThicket
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

I'm going to have to try the Pineapple Juice and Soy sauce thing. That sounds like a great combo.

So it goes - Vonnegut
BigThicket is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 07-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #17
QQQ
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

We're a family that has fajitas once a week. My Texas style recipe is Fiesta brand fajita seasoning, pineapple juice, cilantro, achiote powder or the easier to find substitute is goya sazon cilantro w/ achiote. The achiote gives the meat, especially chicken, that nice red color you'll see with marinated fajita at your local Mexican supermarket.

A fun side is Mexican street corn. There are tons of variations on how to make it but I grill the corn in the husk for about 20-30 mins rotating every 5 or so. I'll pull the steaming hot husk off and grill a few more minutes to get some char on the corn. Bring it inside and rub it down lightly with mayo, crumbled queso fresco, cilantro, tajin seasoning. It's not a side I personally love to eat a whole lot but everyone else seems to love it so I make it when I have a crowd.

Last edited by QQQ; 07-19-2018 at 07:33 AM..
QQQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 08:52 AM   #18
17mbpro
Knows what a fatty is.

I use this! Let it sit overnight then cook it on the blackstone, comes out great every time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 41lz2srbaqL.jpg (31.4 KB, 56 views)

Old 07-19-2018, 04:38 PM   #19
ElQueTraz
On the road to being a farker

All these recipes sound great for fajitas! A little confused about the use of pineapple, sugar, and oranges. This reminds me more of Tacos Al Pastor. You know the one that's carved on the vertical fire spit. Just curious is all.. I like the lemon, butter, peppery flavor on beef fajitas.
ElQueTraz is offline   Reply With Quote