Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Brick City BBQ & Blues - Mexico MO, June 18-19

Natural Born Griller's will be there.

This is a great contest. It is held in a private park with lots of room, green grass and big shade trees. There is beer garden and live music on Friday night, and the Shriner's have a hot breakfast for everybody early Saturday morning. Just be ready to meet lots of people and have a good time.

Good to hear. This will be my first KCBS comp after only two unsanctioned events (Schlafly Porksteak Championship & Jakey in June) and am looking forward to it. I enjoyed the short phone conversation I had with Jon Oliver, explained the layout and resources available and made me feel welcomed as a newbie.

I probably won't have any banners identifying our father and son team, so I would like to walk over and meet your team if you don't mind Phil. Looking forward to it.

Blazin' Blues will be making the short treck from Fenton, MO. We are very excited about this event because we have heard so many good things about it.

H*QUE is supposed to be there - we're planning on it - just got to get equipment back in order after the Elks Lodge RV fiasco...this will be our first time there.

T and I with grandkids in tow will be there cooking. D & J have other plans that weekend, but the Belly Brothers will be there...

i inquired about a entry form and never heard anyting
didnt return my phone message either

THREE BROTHERS (Different Mothers) will be there!...Looking forward to meeting/seeing all of the Brethren!!!....artie

sounds like a great event, and can you tell me how to get a registration form and exactly where it is being held at.
thx Ron :p:p

i inquired about a entry form and never heard anyting
didnt return my phone message either

Greg,
Only link I am aware of is from KCBS site. I also never received an email replies from my two emails and called twice to a busy line. However, once I got ahold of Jon Oliver on the phone, he was a very nice and accommodating person to talk with. The registration was in my mailbox two days later. I look hope you give the phone another try...

http://www.kcbs.us/events.php?year=&month=&id=2234

sounds like a great event, and can you tell me how to get a registration form and exactly where it is being held at.
thx Ron :p:p

Ron,

I am not familiar with the area, but was told it is being held at Little Dixie Shrine Park which is approximately 2 miles north of Hwy. 54 and Rt. J. Hope that helps.

thanks for the info. got an e-mail from Jon this morning and entry form is on its way.
therefore, Jo Jo's pullin pork should be there :p:p

I talked to Jon - the official address is 23847 Hwy J Mexico, MO 65265 - I can't tell if maps.google or maps.bing has it right - the arial views looks like something like a park is there - but hard to say.

Sounds like a great contest - H*QUE is looking forward to it!

In one fashion or another the Muddy River Boys will be there. Not sure if my protege' (son Cole) will make it or not. He broke and tore all of the ligaments in his ankle a week before school got out. Me and pops will be there though.

Cant wait.

Clint
Muddy River Boys

thanks

Thanks for the information on where the contest will be held. I'm not cooking, but I will be judging.

Laird
CBJ

I'll be teaming up with "Paydabill" for this contest. I look forward to seeing everybody. Come by for a cold brew!:-D

Back