• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bacon Cheese Smashburger for the Burger TD

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
For the July Burger throwdown here -
https://bbq-brethren.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283218

What's on the menu for dinner tonite?

Bacon Cheese Smashburgers on Brioche Buns with Homemade Fries

I got started early this morning with the dough for the Brioche buns. Looking good after the first rise -

whMBMxD.jpg

12iApQ2.jpg

I made what turned out to be quite large buns, good for sandwiches -

uBRObqP.jpg

and smaller ones for the burgers -

QUTzfZv.jpg

Done -

BLtiGIf.jpg

G7R19zn.jpg

Get the Bacon going on one side of the Blackstone, hand cut Fries on the other -

EoFL5P7.jpg

6A2gOkO.jpg

Time for the Smashburgers -

H8Y0nKo.jpg

After the initial flip, add some Cheddar, spritz with some water to steam and cover to melt the cheese -

oAL5Kqw.jpg

Can't go wrong with a Bacon Cheese Smashburger, a side of Fries and a Sammy -

kl4CK5S.jpg

XbTaMmj.jpg

That's it, a good day making use of the Blackstone and getting back into some bread making. These were excellent burgers and fries, and the Brioche buns were outstanding.

Thanks for checking out tonite's dinner!

Regards,
-lunchman

:jaw:. You didn't hold back on that one! Absolutely incredible. Everything rocks on that cook.

I was gonna enter this as my first throwdown. But looking at the competition, I'm farked, lol. That is an amazing looking burger and I'm sure it tasted as good as it looks. I envy you guys who know the dough 'secrets'. Me and dough don't get along, never have, any kind of dough. It always ends up in a superfluous tirade of explitives and cooking a box of kraft mac and cheese. If I could just throw together some brioche buns like that my wife would marry me all over again. Tell me.......is that the secret to a happy marriage??? :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Very nice. Sorta jealous of how well your Blackstone is seasoned.

Really nice! I’d like to do some brioche buns...recipe or work flow you could share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was gonna enter this as my first throwdown. But looking at the competition, I'm farked, lol. That is an amazing looking burger and I'm sure it tasted as good as it looks. I envy you guys who know the dough 'secrets'. Me and dough don't get along, never have, any kind of dough. It always ends up in a superfluous tirade of explitives and cooking a box of kraft mac and cheese. If I could just throw together some brioche buns like that my wife would marry me all over again. Tell me.......is that the secret to a happy marriage??? :mrgreen:

Definitely jump in.

The secret to dough is practice, practice, practice. It's only part of the secret to a happy marriage, too.

Very nice. Sorta jealous of how well your Blackstone is seasoned.

A few weeks ago it was looking quite bad. No rust or anything like that, but lots of divots and the seasoning was flaking and quite uneven. I applied Weber Kettle cleaning skills to it, using lots of elbow grease, a razor blade and about an hour of work.

That took care of the loose seasoning, which was flaking since I initially seasoned with flaxseed oil (never again). I then put down a few thin layers of Canola and the thinner areas have pretty much filled in. And as you can guess, it gets a LOT of use which helps.

Back