Smoking Hot BBQ Smokers - Colorado

joshdm94

Reaction score
Anyone ever hear of/cooked on or even familiar with this type of smoker from http://smokinhotbbq.weebly.com/brisket-sniper.html? As much as I want a Shirley or a Lone Star, shipping is going to kill me (and delay my jump to to real wood cookin). These are made an hour up the road from me but don’t want to get stuck with $1,500 hunk of metal.

I was really looking for either traditional offfser like LSG 24 x 36 or the Shirley Patio, but after shipping it’s a bit out of my price range.

I wouldn't be interested in these. The quality looks very poor - as the poster above said "made in the backyard" and I'd add "by someone who can't weld worth a damn".

Look closely at the welding and compare to welds on LSG. Also locating the thermometer should not resemble “pin the tail on the donkey”. “Brisket Sniper” is an awesome nickname though.

Look closely at the welding and compare to welds on LSG. Also locating the thermometer should not resemble “pin the tail on the donkey”. “Brisket Sniper” is an awesome nickname though.

Oh, is that what the big dent front and center on the door is? I guess they got it on the second try.:doh:

On your next vacation, take a road trip to Texas and enjoy some local BBQ and bring home a new smoker. :grin:

Avoid the waste of $1500 on a piece of @#$^ from a bubble gum welder using barn tin.

Thanks for the responses! They didn’t look too impressive, and never seen anything built like these

I've heard of them only because he posts on some of the BBQ FB forums I'm a member of. He just got done cooking a fairly big cook somewhere. The smoker he used for that was a beast and seemed to do well. I think he even has a FB page so you might check that out.

He also makes a killer looking charcoal basket and top grate for the PK classic.

Back