• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Baby Backs with a Twist - PR0N

Teamfour

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Fired up the BWS Party this morning to get some baby backs and baked beans going for the early NFL game. I used 3 lbs of Humphrey Lump, a six inch chunk each of hickory and cherry. Filled the water pan and set the DigiQ to 270. Temp came up in an hour with ambient temps in the 50's but winds around 20-25.

I used a cryovac of IBP ribs from RD. Removed the membrane and rubbed them down with Simply Marvelous Cherry and Smokin Guns Hot.

IMG_0774_zps020d43d9.jpg

After three hours the color was good, so I pulled them off to foil them.

IMG_0782_zpsd87cc455.jpg

Here is the twist: while I usually use Parkay, brown sugar and honey, this time I used a special edition aged maple syrup from Berkshire. They call this their Black Label batch.

IMG_0783_zps8760bc3e.jpg

IMG_0784_zps104e0216.jpg

I foiled the ribs for an hour and then unwrapped them and sauced with Blues Hog and sprinkled with a touch more Smokin Guns Hot. The ribs went another 45 minutes to set the sauce and then rested for about 15 minutes.

IMG_0786_zps68a52f58.jpg

My wife and daughter say this is finally the profile we have been looking for. Here is a "bite" picture.

IMG_0787_zps2b5d9d81.jpg

Awesome.

Bro, we think along the same lines on cooking ribs!

I also have my fish oil along with my multi & glucosamine on the counter where I'll remember 'em.

Great looking eats. I love pineapple in my beans, too.

Last edited:
Very nice!

Once again, I'm full, but now hungry after seeing this!

BTW, have you tried the St. Louis ribs from Costco?

wallace

Very nice!

Once again, I'm full, but now hungry after seeing this!

BTW, have you tried the St. Louis ribs from Costco?

wallace

I've always been a BB ribs guy. But I really should try some SL for comps.

Back