• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Help!!!! Brisket

chagovatoloco

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So my wife just informed me I am smoking a brisket in my uds for Christmas eve. 6lb, apparently she put a rub on it and has been in the fridge for two days. So now what, I've never done any thing bigger than a tri tip.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

cook it until it's done.

since you have little time to prepare, that's good, so you won't confuse yourself with 100 different suggestions, old posts, etc.

just pic a temp you like... maintain it and let it go until it gives up and is probe tender. start earlier than later.. you can rest it for a while prior to serving.

If you feel that you just have to use foil, don't use it until there is a good color and bark formed on the exterior.

Not sure about everybody else, but I wouldn't leave a rub on much more than 12-24 hrs at the most.

What's done is done, it'll taste fine. Follow what the Squatter says, and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for the help. My wife just told me she put the rub on today. Thank god... I thought it had been longer. So I just throw it in and wait. Easy enought my uds is pretty stable at about 225. Any idea on what temp? And how long it should take?

Is it just a flat? If it is I would see if you can get your smoker to 250*F and check it after 5 hours. If you need to you can bump the temp up to get it done. You shouldn't have to baste in a UDS. Just start it and get it to temp and put your meat on. I usually put my meat on while the smoker is coming up to temp.

I am not a brisket pro by any means so hopefully I won't mislead you, but I like to smoke my brisket around 250, or even slightly hotter. Hope that helps and hope others chime in that have more experience than me!

Cool, no basting even better! So until it's tender 250 wow! It is pretty flat we eat at 4:30pm so I'll start about 8:00am, or earlier?

Start earlier and get it done. It will hold well in a cooler or a 150*F oven.

Back