• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Happ Friday Farkers...What's Smokin' This Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Just back from our Jack road trip...wow...what an experience! Pics here if you care to take a gander...:p

Friday Night Steak Night tonight...Saturday and Sunday are wide open...have a great weekend folks! :becky:

Something is smoking for sure, but I haven't picked up the meat yet. I'm waiting for some good turkey values to stock up on those, so I might be cooking one of them, and a Chuck or Arm Roast perhaps. Other than those it's currently wide open here as well for now.

JD, it was GREAT seeing you there!

As for this weekends cooks, I have no idea... Could be a leftover weekend from all of the comps... I may pull out some of the 'C' grade ribs (bent bones and shiners) that never made it out to the comps. May take the two extra pork butts and trim them up for some buck-board-bacon. May take some of the 45+ pounds of chicken trimmings and make some pot-pies and shiska-bobs.

Hell, I may just order out... LOL

Girlfriend has been bugging me to build another fatty. So I guess I'll have to make one and throw it on the Coors UDS.

Not a damn thing for the 1st weekend in a long time....thinking maybe we'll just go out this time.

Turkey and andouille gumbo, pulled beef samiches that were showcased in another thread, going to flaten out a fatty and stuff it with cream cheese, jalepeno, bacon, garlic, and a cajun spice or two, roll it back up and smoke it, stuffed shrooms, and whatever else I can think of and fit on the smoker:clap2:

UT Tailgate this weekend... Some fatties, some ribs, and some pulled pork nachos.

13 lb. brisket, homemade jaegerwurst sausage, pig candy

Welcome home John!! Great pics! Looks like it was a great trip!! Was it all you thought it would be?

Smoked some tri-tip on Katie's little smoker last night...gonna make some tri-tip sammies and/or chili with leftovers!

May fire up the drum for some pulled pork on sunday.

Smoking a half a pig and 2 butts starting tonight and cooking into tomorrow. Got some Sam Adams Octoberfest chilling down too.

Making Chili tomorrow with pulled pork from a couple weekends ago. Sunday is brew day. 12 gallons of American Premium Lager. BTW the SA O-Fest is very good this year IMO. Cheers!!!

Just finished watching your slide show. Great Pic's and looks like you had a really great time. Your turn-in boxes looked awesome.

I have a packer and pork butt on the Spicewine today.

Man, I haven't been able to smoke for WEEKS and WEEKS!!! Been super busy with all the kids' extracurricular activities! This weekend's no different Taking the 3 boys 2 hours away to a Cub Scout campout tonight and tomorrow.

At LEAST we'll be cooking on the dutch ovens. Burn ban's not yet been lifted where we're going though.....so it may have to be done on the camp stove.:tsk:

I'm still hopin' to fire up the smoker on Sunday, but then there's Trick or Treating.....:mad:

Oh well.....happy Friday Farkers!
I will smoke again........oh yes......I will.:cool:

OFF TOPIC EDIT: Just checked out your slideshow JD......WOW! What unbelievable scenery! And the landscape was pretty good too! (hee hee). Beautiful lookin' turn in boxes. How'd ya place? (Not tryin' to hijack.........just sayin'!)

OFF TOPIC EDIT: Just checked out your slideshow JD......WOW! What unbelievable scenery! And the landscape was pretty good too! (hee hee). Beautiful lookin' turn in boxes. How'd ya place? (Not tryin' to hijack.........just sayin'!)

Thanks Wampus...we placed 41st out of 76.

Two racks of short beef ribs tomorrow and a couple or three armadillo eggs.

Back