Big Green Egg Table Question

By the way Ted..... Fattys are EXTREMELY healthy for you and should be consumed as often as possible.

I'm looking forward to tossing back a few fatties. I'm also glad I did the table, as I've had my share of stand-alone kettles and table-type units and I need a table. So this should work perfectly. Different strokes.

I on the other hand had a nest and HATED it. Which is why I now have my table!

I would not consider a nest if it were not for the nesthandler attatchment(sorta like a 2 wheeler dolly).IF I were to EVER go back to a table it would be a FRONT load and NOT a hole.It would also be compact and have OVERSIZED peumatic tires.I have learned the hard way.If it's just gonna sit on the back patio forever anything will work but if you ever wanna go mobile,I like it easy.

I'm looking forward to tossing back a few fatties.
Fatties are delicious and can take many forms. I would advocate you try a naked fattie first, just throw a sausage chub on the smoker for a couple of hours and enjoy.

That's a cool thing! I see you have the inset 18 x 18 tiles as on the naked whiz. I incorporated these also.

So two coats of two-part epoxy and 2 coats of two-part urethane really creates a thick layer over the cedar. Quite pretty I think. Should hold up to the elements well.

Ted, those aren't my plans. But I used them as a reference to build my table. Here's a link to mine: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64949&highlight=Brauma's+Egg+table

As Hoss pointed out, big pneumatic tires are the way to go. I filled mine with Slime and they've never gone down. When I first built it I put stationary tires on all 4 corners thinking the "light" end at the Small Egg would be easy to pick up and schooch around. Wrong. I ended up having to saw them off and put swivel casters on the "light" end.

Looking forward to seeing your table.

By the way Ted..... Fattys are EXTREMELY healthy for you and should be consumed as often as possible.

It is important to note that this only applies to pure, pristine, naked fatties. As soon as you start adding enrobing with cured meats, stuffing, etc. all nutritional value goes out the window.

:becky:

I'll have some pics loaded when I have the egg placed in the table. For sure.

I don't have any wheels planned, as I basically leave the grill where it is. I have had my existing gas (gasp) grill in the exact same spot for 10 years now.

I'll have some pics loaded when I have the egg placed in the table. For sure.

I don't have any wheels planned, as I basically leave the grill where it is. I have had my existing gas (gasp) grill in the exact same spot for 10 years now.

I had rubber tires and they started to squat or flat spot from the weight so I changed up to solid tires. I need wheels on mine because I bring it over to the back door for the winter and then take it back to my pit area for the summer. I scored a piece of stainless for my top and really enjoy the low maintenance of it. Turned out it was less expensive than the cedar and urethane that I have under it.

010-1.jpg

016.jpg

The side shelf was a last minute thing and is amazingly useful. I wish I could cover it with stainless.
018.jpg

I have an XL and I had to build my table around mine, no way was I gonna try to set a 200lb egg with nothing to grab on to down through a hole.

The plans also call for a distance from the top of the shelf to the top of the table at either 15" or 17". I'm thinking the 17" is allowing for the patio cement under the unit?

Apparently there were some changes to the hinges and this created changes in these dimensions.

Looking forward to breaking this thing in.

Thanks

When you built your table did you go with 15 or 17?

I will measure that later. I honestly don't recall. I know I had to use the three supplied Egg "feet" to get the unit up high enough to allow the lid to open. Without the feet the egg was too low in the table and the lid would not open all the way. So if you want to avoid using the little egg feet, it's probably a 15" dimension. I will check and post shortly

Back