Roadside Chicken

L

Larry Wolfe

Roadside Chicken is a family favorite! Had it along with grilled corn and leftover broccoli slaw and pasta salad!
5--26-08001.jpg
5--26-08003.jpg
5--26-08005.jpg
5--26-08007.jpg
5--26-08010.jpg
5--26-08011.jpg
5--26-08013.jpg

1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup veg oil
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
1 TBS Sea or Kosher salt
1 TBS white sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp celery salt
Mix/shake till well dissolved. I put mine in a old worcestershire bottle with the shaker top. You can marrinate the chicken in the sauce for up to 2 hrs before cooking. If so discard marinade and make fresh for the cooking sauce. I apply the sauce every 5 min to both sides and turn every 5 min. Apply one final coating 5 min before removing from the grill. You can't put too much sauce on while grilling. It will build up a nice layer of flavors. I use the kettle but i think it would do well on the WSM (Larry used it) with no water pan and a high heat cook. I usally add one small piece of apple wood while grilling also. Hope you like it. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking meal. Where did you get that tall grate? I need me one of those!!

ah... just woke up.. and looky here.. breakfast of champions! Looks good brother!

That chicken looks just awesome!!

That looks super as usual. :-D Whatever happened to Bryan?

Thanks Guys!

Chris, the tall grates are 2 Primo Jr. Extended Cooking Grates and they work great on the Webers as well!

Larry...Im a daily reader and infrequent poster...thanks and Ill be buying the racks this week. Hell I think I could sell those for you allover town, to folks and various stores and such. Havent ever seen anything like it!!!! Awesome and thank you!!!

MMMMM I haven't had roadside chicken in awhile! I'll have to cook some this week now.:wink:

OP edited to remove link to other BBQ forum. Recipe included here.

See sticky at to regarding linking to other Blogs/BBQ forums.

How close does the family hold the secret (can the dog pass it on "Bush beans" mod) it looks great.

You always have great looking food but that plate is a 180!
nice job Larry.

I have had this recipe several times.

The smell of the sauce hitting the fire alone is worth trying it.

Back