Underground Pig (picture heavy)

coglioni's

Now I don't want to hijack this thread or create another disturbance :icon_devil
but coglioni is plural. Coglione is singular. So there was no need to add the apostrophe s which made the word plural possessive.

I am ducking out of the way now.

Please enjoy the rest of your day. We now return you to our regularly scheduled posting. :smile:

OK ... I can get dry ice at the local Publix. Pack it at the UPS Store. But I think it will have to be a 2 day delivery since you are in the country. Heck, when I lived in western ND, I couldn't get anything over-nighted to me and I lived in town. So look for the UPS truck the day after tomorrow. I sent it to

Jeannie Cowgirl
The Deer Camp
Western Oklahoma

so it might take an extra day to get to ya.

Make sure you send that via Choctaw, Redheart, K? ;) And get my brother to put something in the box, too. He lives in Acworth. Small world...

Glad I opened this thread. Outstanding as always - gotta love the hanging pig's arse in flames :mrgreen: I'd love to get my hands on a recipe for those cowgirl pintos - pretty please? :wink:

Make sure you send that via Choctaw, Redheart, K? ;)

UPS does the routing so you just need to keep a look out for the UPS truck and you can stop him and see if he has it.

And get my brother to put something in the box, too. He lives in Acworth. Small world...
Better tell him to hurry up! I don't the broth to spoil.

Noles,

This place is a lot tighter than most of the internet sites. We stand up for what we believe and protect our own.

Not to say there isn't controversy! (Not to even say that a lil' controversy is bad...)

Just treat people with the same respect that you would want to be treated with and all is good.

Jeanie is unique and does more with food than most of us could ever imagine doing. She's still one of the only people I know with a real smokehouse! (Bout time to do some cold smoking again isn't it Jeanie?) She can do more with a fire and a cast iron skillet than I could do in a chef's kitchen.

Just don't disrespect someone you really don't know by questioning their authenticity or ability just because YOU think she can't possibly be doing all that she does. I know a lot of people that regularly do more than I think they possibly can and that usually reflects on me more than it reflects on them.

That being said, I thank you for your apology. It was the right thing to do.

If you get a yearning for controversy just try and get Donnie and Hugh discussing what REAL BBQ is sometime. That should take care of that...

Glad I opened this thread. Outstanding as always - gotta love the hanging pig's arse in flames :mrgreen: I'd love to get my hands on a recipe for those cowgirl pintos - pretty please? :wink:

tk, this is how I make the beans...

I sort, then soak dried pintos in cool water overnight, drain and add fresh water to cover.
Let them simmer on low all day..
Then about half way through I add smoked meat (any kind will do), onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, 1 bay leaf, and a couple pinches of oregano and thyme, kosher salt and cracked black pepper.......
I add the salt after the beans have become tender.

005-1-3.jpg

Made a skillet of jalapeno cornbread, with minced onion, whole corn and chopped jalapenos.....

061-1.jpg

The pintos with jalapeno cornbread...

068-1.jpg

I like them spicy.. with either lots of red pepper flakes or minced jalapenos.

:lol:... the flaming pig hind end was kinda interesting.

Wow...just got done reading this thread...sounds like I've been outta the loop for the last 24 hours!
Jeanie...what a spread! You did a spectacular job on the buried pig! My bucket list has just gotten bigger:mrgreen:
I remember whole hog pit roasts when I was a kid...an apple in the mouth and carrots shoved up the yo-ho.... Never had the gall to eat one of them carrots though:wink:

Again...great job and keep that pron a coming... We can all learn so much from you!

more food pron!
that'll fix anything! :biggrin:

There's not much more I can add that hasn't been said, but Jeanie, your posts are great and I love your pictorials!

Wow...just got done reading this thread...sounds like I've been outta the loop for the last 24 hours!
Jeanie...what a spread! You did a spectacular job on the buried pig! My bucket list has just gotten bigger:mrgreen:
I remember whole hog pit roasts when I was a kid...an apple in the mouth and carrots shoved up the yo-ho.... Never had the gall to eat one of them carrots though:wink:

Again...great job and keep that pron a coming... We can all learn so much from you!

Hell, I won't eat the APPLE... I darn sure ain't gonna eat nothing that's been shoved in the yo-ho... :rolleyes:

Ok... I've been away for a while, and I got to this thread rather late, but better late than never! Cowgirl you do some dang cool stuff!!!!:-D That really looks like some fun..I just know that I would feel uncomfortable about the fire dying out too early. Guess that would change after I did it a couple of times. What kind of distance does there need to be between the coals and meat?

Firecrackerjack:mrgreen:

Ok... I've been away for a while, and I got to this thread rather late, but better late than never! Cowgirl you do some dang cool stuff!!!!:-D That really looks like some fun..I just know that I would feel uncomfortable about the fire dying out too early. Guess that would change after I did it a couple of times. What kind of distance does there need to be between the coals and meat?

Firecrackerjack:mrgreen:

What cowgirl did is an ancient practice. It works like a charm I'm told.

Hey I was wondering. If you dug up the spot where you had the fire would you come up with homemade hardwood lump coal?

Thank you everybody, you're a good group of friends. :cool:

FirecrackerJack, you do have to make sure your hot coal bed is deep enough to last for the whole cook, also use a hardwood. I use hedge...
I like to keep the grate a few inches above the hot coals but you can lay the tin and wrapped pig right on top of the coals. The skin isn't edible but it protects the meat and keeps it moist. The wet burlap helps too.

Around here wood isn't that abundant so people use old hedgewood fence posts that have cured for years. When someone replaces miles and miles of fence the hedge posts are grabbed by country cooks like me. lol They are almost like petrified wood. They burn hot and long.

Skip, I cooked this pig in the same location as my last two. I didn't think to look for lump coal. I will check it out tomorrow when it's light enough. I haven't filled the hole in yet. :-D

Cowgirl - don't be offended, people question God because it seems too good to be true...

GOOD ONE! When I first saw this post, I thought it must be from last year and someone resurrected it since it was sooooo long. Excellent job as always Jeanie. I'm going to call the food channel and ask if they want to do a show with you.... never showing ur face. Maybe make you wear a helmet cam or something to watch you do all these wonderful things with your awesome toys and food. Love ya gurl....xoxox

Country Girls ROCK!

lol Shawn, I don't think I'd eat the carrot either. :biggrin: Thanks. :wink:

Back