Sliders And Wangs Two Nights In A Row..

Im down for trying that. Where's a decent place online to get it?

Yardandpool.com

Ordered from them the first time and they're service is excellent. Grabbed a few other things also. They have a lot of bbq related things and cookers.

Sako,

Apologies, as I'm late to the game on the wing-marination piece. How'd the flavor work with the Treet for a few hours? (Forgive me, as I've not had Carolina Treet before :shock:).

Based on your suggestions/words, I'm about to try some wings marinated in Charlie Mills BBQ Sauce overnight (vinegar based... lots of spices, etc).... then hit 'em with that same Gold Star (which was AWESOME on last week's roasted bird).

Great idea. Flavor as a baseline before we add spices and such as rub & sauce!

Sako,

Apologies, as I'm late to the game on the wing-marination piece. How'd the flavor work with the Treet for a few hours? (Forgive me, as I've not had Carolina Treet before :shock:).

Based on your suggestions/words, I'm about to try some wings marinated in Charlie Mills BBQ Sauce overnight (vinegar based... lots of spices, etc).... then hit 'em with that same Gold Star (which was AWESOME on last week's roasted bird).

Great idea. Flavor as a baseline before we add spices and such as rub & sauce!

I think a few hours is perfect. As of late I haven't been marinating or seasoning past 4 hours. While there is no problem to leave it overnight I find smaller cuts get overly absorbed with the marinate or seasoning flavors. Of course the bigger the cut the longer you let it sit due to a lot more mass. I mean at the end of the day this is all subjective but I "think" I've found the perfect balance. :-D Plus the ingredients in the marinade make a difference as vinegar based products, for example, are more effective and penetrative. I basically go case by case and proceed accordingly if I make any sense.

Dang Sako looks amazing, I'd eat that seven night in a row.

Most pleasant looking, you feeding an army or something?

Buddy everything you make is spot on and delicious looking.... you have knocked that outta the park!!!!!!

That is incredible looking!!!!.........Kettle cooking at it’s finest..!! BRAVO!!!

How did I miss this???

Another mix and match master piece Neighbor!

Broken record response from me here Sako........

You kill me! :-D

Back