Need Help finding post for weber kettle mod??

Philly-QueMaster

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm trying to locate a post from about a week or so ago about a modification made to a Weber Kettle. I tried the search function but I don't remember the subject was. I remember it had something to do with removing the weber kettle charcoal grate, and putting a smaller one right on the bottom vents and then placing the regular charcoal grate on top of that with some type of heat defuser on it. I think this was suppose to help stabalize temp control and allow for a longer burn without charring the meat. I'd like to try it doing some ribs and chicken but I can't find the post anywhere. Any help would me much appreciated.

thanks,
Patrick

I think it was scrubbed for malicious abuse of a cast iron pan.

Why would you want to modify a Weber kettle? One of the greatest cooking machines ever made.

Why would you want to modify a Weber kettle? One of the greatest cooking machines ever made.

Why put a cherry on a banana split?

It makes a great thing, even better, no?

My bungie strap lid mod is essential for BCC on the kettle.

Just sayin,

Thanks everyone...you all rock! I guess I should correct myself and say cooking modification as apposed to kettle modification. We're not really modifying the kettle only changes the way we use it. Thanks again.

Patrick

Thanks everyone...you all rock! I guess I should correct myself and say cooking modification as apposed to kettle modification. We're not really modifying the kettle only changes the way we use it. Thanks again.

Patrick
That make more sense. Was kinda puzzled.

Back