• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "No Bones About It" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
Our new category is called...

[size=+2]"No Bones About It!"[/size]
scary.jpg

Squid have no bones, so you could go whole squid if you like.

...as chosen by PYGBOYZ, the winner of the Summer 2012 Olympics Throwdown!

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING!
PYGBOYZ said:
After looking at a multitude of Past Throw Downs, I have noticed that in most Throw Downs there is at least one entry that has bones in it. So in honor of that:

Here is my suggestion the next Throw Down. Called "NO Bones About It".

The only rule is whatever you cook CANNOT contain any bones. You cannot cook it with the bones in and then remove for plating. The bones have to be removed prior to cooking.

Seems pretty straightforward to me!:thumb:

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 8/24 through Sunday 9/2.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 9/3.

Before submitting an entry to this Throwdown, make sure you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

So it can't have any bones ever ... or it can't have any bones while being cooked?

Squid have a cuttlebone. Its not bone so much as a hard piece of cartilage, kinda like a shark. Guerre are you going to cook a whole shark? Spit roast or butterfly? Do you boil shark first or inject?

I think I've had too much coffee this morning.

Squid have a cuttlebone. Its not bone so much as a hard piece of cartilage, kinda like a shark. Guerre are you going to cook a whole shark? Spit roast or butterfly? Do you boil shark first or inject?

I think I've had too much coffee this morning.

Gotta stop by the zo...um, GROCER's, yeah, that's it, grocer's on the way home. I'll let you know.

Gotta stop by the zo...um, GROCER's, yeah, that's it, grocer's on the way home. I'll let you know.

Isn't the river low and briny enough up by you now that you can go down and pick one up that's flopping around on the river bank?

So if we remove the bones before cooking, can we add the bones to the plated entry shot? What if the plate or utensils we use for the entry shot is made of bone? It would seem to me that in either case, these two scenarios would certainly not be "No bones about it". :confused:

This is getting very confusing....:mmph:

:mrgreen:

Why can't we ever have a straight forward TD category? :drama:

Back