• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need Help with Pricing

Black Cat BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have read thru many of your posts here and think I have been able to come up with decent pricing for our very first venging gig. We have been asked to vend a charity event at a local nursery. The event is in mid November and the charity is Toys for Tots. Its close to DC so not sure if I am too cheap or too high. We plan to donate a portion of our proceeds to the charity as well.

What I have for pricing is this:

Kids meal: pulled pork sandwich (2oz), small bag of chips, soda - $6

Pulled Pork Sandwich (4oz) - $5

Rib snack (3 bones) - $5

Pulled Pork Sandwich w/ beans and slaw - $7

Bowl of brisket chili with cornbread - $5

Soda (Pepsi products) and water - $1

Not sure on the 2oz and 4 oz portions. Is that about right?

Thanks for any help!

I'm not in DC, but for the Wichita area, that looks about right.
Good luck, Bro.:wink:
I know some others will chime in here soon.
They will give you a better idea about the DC area, I'm sure.

Your prices are the same as mine except the kids meal. About 2 bucks to high. Your better off with hotdogs for the kids.

for my kids meal i get 3 and we are giving them a choise. chicken nuggets or a dog . chips a fruit snack and a small toy,kids dont like pork...lol thay want nuggets or dogs.

and i would think about briscket i sell alot of brisket.

I agree with hotdogs for the kids. And yes, you might think about brisket, too.
Otherwise everything looks good!

I agree with hot dogs for the kids seems a little cheap for DC. It's a charity event people look to pay a little more.

Are you paying a fee or % for vending? If not then it's probably good prices for DC. But if the event is taking 15 or 20% or is asking for a flat fee of more than $200 then you're probably low.

How much do you plan on selling if all goes well? That also factors into the equation.

Agree with others on kids meal although I've sold a fair bit to kids that are 8 and older and they love pork.

Back