MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #31
Muscrat
is one Smokin' Farker

I have cooked several smaller racks of ribs on my uds, also finally done an awsome brisket and what I have noticed about the uds is the cook times are shorted. Ribs are usually done in 2.5 hrs, brisket was done in 9 and fatties are done in 90 minutes. Cooking temp usually stay around 260.

Has anyone else noticed this about a uds?
Muscrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2011, 11:32 AM   #32
Al Czervik
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kapn View Post
3-2-1 is only a guideline and needs a temp in the area of 225-235 or so.
Cook hotter and it will take a lot less.

I cook Baby (Loin) Backs at 260-270ish for about 1.5-1.75 hours, foil them for .75-1.0 hours, then sauce and put back in the smoker just long enough to set the sauce--maybe 15 minutes or so.

You will need to experiment with them so see just how they cook up on your cooker to get the results you want.

Good Luck.
Keep us posted--OK?

TIM
TIM,

Thank you for the advice... It's greatly appreciated. I'll make sure to follow up with how it goes... I'm also going to give MOINKs a trial run today as well.

I have a feeling I'll be popping the top button of my pants once we are done feasting today...
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2011, 06:31 AM   #33
Al Czervik
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

To follow up, the ribs and the MOINKs turned out great! I took lots of pics, but am having a heck of a time figuring out how to upload them into a new thread.

I've asked for technical assistance and once I get the help I need I'll post the results.

Thanks for all your help!
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2011, 11:34 PM   #34
FatDaddysBBQ
Found some matches.

How long you had that UDS have been thinking about making one myself. Actually had a guy tell me today that he had a drum that I could get and I immediately asked if it was lined or fixed lid. I think I have been reading too much the amount of information might make my head explode.
FatDaddysBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote