***VOTE- BBQ Brethren "Mystery Meat" Throwdown -VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Mystery Meat" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Mystery Meat"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 7/30.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]pahutchens[/size]
1341695_pahutchens.jpg

[size=+2]Ron L[/size]
1341770_Ron_L.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1343023_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]BBQBeaver[/size]
1345476_BBQBeaver.jpg

[size=+2]Phrasty[/size]
1345676_Phrasty.jpg

[size=+2]Boshizzle[/size]
1346691_Boshizzle.jpg

[size=+2]Southern Home Boy[/size]
1347985_Southern_Home_Boy.jpg

Some really good entries in this one. A home project emergency prevented me from entering. Now I'm going to have to think real hard about who to vote for.

Going for the spam also but I loved gores and boshizzle heck everybodies looked good

Didn't look at the poll until after I voted. Paella just looked like it was calling to me. Jim, Jim, eat me. :becky:

Had to go with Boshizzle's chili dogs they look like an awesome summer meal. Everyone did great :thumb:

C'mon y'all, only 66 votes TOTAL? More votes for Huey! (AKA Pahutchens' spam n more).

Gore we have'th tried this dish yet but really want to any help would be much appreciated

This was a real dilemma for me. That spam fattie was brilliant. It brought back so many memories of being in the mountains with my grandparents in the summer. Once or twice a week, my grandmother would make spam sandwiches (on white bread with about 2 tablespoons of butter on each slice -- like it really needed it). Seeing that brought back a flood of memories. A couple years ago, I made a spam sandwich for my wife who'd never before tasted it. Well, I wasn't surprised that she didn't appreciate it, but I was surprised that it was absolutely disgusting! Same taste, same spam, but yech! It was very hard to vote for something I knew I couldn't actually stomach, but in the end I closed my eyes and held my nose. Great job Huey!

Gore we have'th tried this dish yet but really want to any help would be much appreciated

Come on out and bring the kids Alan. We can all get churros together!

One thing I can tell you is it helps immensely to have a level grill and an even fire underneath. If it isn't level, it will be a catastrophe. I've seen these done on a charcoal grill and I've also tried in a gasser and even a smoker, but this rig was the best. We actually were thinking to bring one back with us, but I checked Amazon and there are a number of sellers in the US (and sizes). You can easily make it level and the fire is even.

On Amazon do a search for "paella burner" for instance.

They use LOTS of olive oil here ... and of course, don't stir the rice! There's been a few paellas posted on this site and many on the web.

Back