MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #1
Doc6633
Knows what a fatty is.

Default White Sauce for pulled pork

My wife had white sauce on pulled pork and loved it at a BBQ joint. So now we are on a mission to replicate the sauce. Has anyone had white sauce on pulled pork? If so what is your favorite recipe for white sauce that you would use on pulled pork? I have made white sauce for chicken just not pulled pork. My apologize to any of the Alabamians if I said anything stupid here as us Yankees don't know much about this sort of thing.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
Bebe
Full Fledged Farker

ha, for a few month i'm planing to make this but i never got to it... i'm very curious too
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/b...ce-recipe.html
[COLOR=#D4D0C8][COLOR=Black]WSM x2, OTG x3, WSJ x3, mini-WSM, Peformer, Smokin-It #3,[/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=#D4D0C8][COLOR=Black][COLOR=#D4D0C8][COLOR=Black] Napoleon gaser [/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#D4D0C8][I]There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.[/I][/COLOR][/B]
Bebe is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #3
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:28 PM   #4
jham0077
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : jham0077

I've never tried/had white sauce on pulled pork. Does it taste the same as what you've had on chicken? My recipe is mayo, 50/50 white/cider vinegar, a little sugar, and S&P to taste. I don't think the thought ever crossed my mind to put it on pork...
RecTeq 590 - Woodhouse
XL Big Green Egg(lite basket case, bringing it back)
jham0077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #5
Doc6633
Knows what a fatty is.

Jhamm - pretty close to the same recipe. But their feels like it needs to modified a little for pork.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:47 PM   #6
jham0077
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : jham0077

Maybe some garlic or onion powder? Paprika? I just froze some pulled pork Thursday.... This makes me want to thaw it out and start experimenting.
RecTeq 590 - Woodhouse
XL Big Green Egg(lite basket case, bringing it back)
jham0077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-04-2015, 03:35 PM   #7
Doc6633
Knows what a fatty is.

We are still trying to figure it out. Added some garlic powder but hadn't thought about onion powder or paprika. Going to have to give that a try.

Tags
pulled pork, White Sauce