firewolf

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking into an insulated cabinet smoker. I have been looking a BWS, Spicewine, and Vaults. But Meadow Creek, is drivable from me and they came out with the BX50. That is about the size I am looking for, but I was just looking for opinions on the smoke stack out the top instead of having the outlet at the bottom of the cook chamber, as well as 1 inch insulation vs. 2.

I already have a Lang, and love it. However with two young kids, a fairly demanding job, and being a vol. firefighter/EMT, I need something more set it and forget it. Otherwise, I would just get a bigger stick burning.

Also, if time ever permits, I would like to get into a few more comps. So my other concern is portability.

BTW, I have been a lurker here for years. I love the site and value all of your feedback.

Yeah I've been using mine and loving it. Will burn a easy 12 hours on one load and hold temp within five degrees the whole time. This is with temperatures close to freezing outside.
The meadow creek isn't a reverse flow like some of the others. I will say that it is big and heavy which could be a issue for some.

I did read that thread, I will have to dig it up and see if has any other cooks in it, or updates.

After using the meadow creek, no. Before I owned the meadow creek I thought I preferred reverse flow.
I actually haven't even bother with the guru yet because it holds temp so well. The whole design is very well thought out from the water feed system to the drip,pan. I know tom Christine from smoke'n dudes was using the proto types last year, I don't know how many different designs before they settled on this one. I was talking to billy Christine about it on Saturday and he was basically saying the same thing. He's doing his briskest on it and said he lights it in the morning when he gets to the restaurant and it's still going when he goes home for the night which isat least 12 hours. He's also naturally aspirated so far.
The fact that you're so close to meadow creek is a plus as well.

Thanks for all the feedback. I pulled the trigger on a BX50, but you guys sure gave me a lot to think about. In the end, it really came down to location.

Thanks for all the feedback. I pulled the trigger on a BX50, but you guys sure gave me a lot to think about. In the end, it really came down to location.

VERY interested in how you like this unit. Poking around myself. Seeing a lot I like, but this one keeps coming back around to the top of my list based on some early reports. It's also really close to me and could avoid significant shipping charges on the other choices.

Just got a used pit maker safe. We are still getting to know each other, but am extreamly happy. If u want set and forget go with a fast eddy cookshack

Back