Anyone ever built a UDS?

I built a Pretty Drum Smoker, but it has turned Ugly. Kinda one of those Saturday night/Sunday morning type deals.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbVYn1dokgQ"]Willie Nelson "Ten With A Two" - YouTube[/ame]

Hey - gets the meat cooked though! :thumb:

Anyway, an immense # of folks here have built one and use them all the time - great cookers and all kidding aside you will get any kind of info you need here.

I don't know why anyone would want a UDS. It's not like you can boil ribs in it.

No need for one of those if you have a microwave (MCD -Magical Cooking Device). Easy rib recipe:

1. Boil your ribs until no longer pink
2. Take your wife/GF/significant other best tupperware-esque container and punch holes in the lid. Trust me, in a cpl days she'll stop B*tching about it.
3. Soak some wood chips, oak, pine, spruce... whatever is in the backyard and place it in the container, cover and place in the back of the MCD
4. Take your ribs out of the pot and while still dripping, place in the MCD. The water will help with the steam
5. Nuke on high until you achieve desired doneness

For a nice "bark" wrap in foil and toss in the MCD on high for about 5 min or until the MCD makes amusing noises. (Note** This will help decrease the time Wife/GF/significant other is upset about the Tupperware.)

I'm sure ole Willie has smoked a fatty or two :wink:

You don't need a UDS if you have a pressure cooker........Hey it's a COOKER!........... Sorta like thin blue comes out of the top.

75 % of the people here have built a UDS. It gets in your blood and you have to build one.

Wrong! It doesn't get in your blood. You get brow beat into building one because it seems almost every thread on here has at least one post saying, "Build a UDS.":tongue: That's how I got started.

You don't need a UDS if you have a pressure cooker........Hey it's a COOKER!........... Sorta like thin blue comes out of the top.
So you built a second rate UDS, without the boiling pan and steam pressure smoker mods. Bummer

I guess the OP should of said...who here has not built a UDS. Even my wife who is not on here has her own 30 gal UDS.

Back