Butts are frozen

Brew-B-Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I took out a pack of frozen butts on Sunday for tomorrow's competition in Madison. Checked them today and they are pretty much rock solid frozen still. I was able to split them up and put on a rack over a pan in the fridge, but I'm doubting they will be ready for an injection any time soon. Any tips on what I can do here? I'm thinking of tying them up in bags and soaking in water for a couple of hours tomorrow morning before I leave.

Submerge them under cool water. I would do it today rather then cut it close tomorrow. keith

I have put pork butts after inspection in 5 gallon buckets full of water Friday morning and they were ready for injection after lunch.

Thanks - I think I'll try and get them thawed out tonight by soaking them in cold water. That will force me to trim them tonight too, which will get one more thing out of the way.

PHP:
Thanks - I think I'll try and get them thawed out tonight by soaking them in cold water. That will force me to trim them tonight too, which will get one more thing out of the way.

Are you also gonna trim your chicken before 6 am Saturday too? :laugh:

More time to drink Jack. Except i wont be there with the good stuff...

Good luck pat

I think we're going to try and take it easy, you know with the heat and all....

I took out a pack of frozen butts on Sunday for tomorrow's competition in Madison. Checked them today and they are pretty much rock solid frozen still.
Put 'em back in the freezer. Take 'em out in the morning and cook them like that.

May not help you much, but it'll help me! :becky:

Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Back