MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-03-2004, 06:26 PM   #76
Bill-Chicago
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Chicago Southwestern Burbs, but always south of Madison Ave.
Name/Nickname : Professor Dickweed

This thread just made it into the RoadMap at the top of this forum under Pork Loin.

Most of these ideas are untried (as of today) but could become Hallmarks in the future.

Damn good ideas.

The death of "willkat98"

Me: If you aren't woke, that means you're still sleeping, right?
Kid today: That's racist!

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle
Bill-Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2004, 09:44 PM   #77
BigAl
is Blowin Smoke!

Have a great weekend Brothers, me, I am working at three comission only jobs....no time to Q...and no money yet.....Q on Brothers......

You can whip our Cream but you can't beat our SPAM.:clap:
[URL="http://www.AllenWilmer.com"]
[/URL]
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2004, 08:58 AM   #78
evilpsych
Full Fledged Farker

Default rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated...

i was planning on doin a brisket with beans underneath in my 'dera, but got vetoed by the boss as i gotta work all weekend including monday. Got a hu-mongous client coming in that might just buy all of our inventory.

willkat98 - no i didn't die, but my computer at home did, random reboots etc. just now barely got it up and running again. been house shopping too and the new SO has most of my attention.
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2004, 11:53 AM   #79
parrothead

Quote:
ok.. stuff to shove in a loin.

a fatty..
a zuccini or chinese eggplant.
how about a section of beef tenderloin??? (Porkmignon)
bacon and scallops.mmmmmmmmm. But they need to be mostly cooked before stuffing in.

American Picker Blog
parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2004, 11:55 AM   #80
parrothead

I like the hawian style you suggested Bill. Pineapple and brown sugar. I think I will have to try that. How about soaking the pineapple in some kahlua.

American Picker Blog

Old 09-04-2004, 03:24 PM   #81
Bigmista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellybro
okay, I've got to ask How do you stuff a pork tenderloin? Slit partially and fill and foil? That is sounding pretty darn enticing to me right about now!
I slit mine partially down the side, stuffed it and sewed it up with a metal skewer.

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2004, 03:30 PM   #82
Bigmista

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellybro
okay, I've got to ask How do you stuff a pork tenderloin? Slit partially and fill and foil? That is sounding pretty darn enticing to me right about now!

my favorite of these..... make an X slit with a long knife into the ends, trying to meet in the middle. YOu dont want to slice it thru the sides, try ti make an opening down the center. Then stuff italian hot and sweet sausages down into the center of the loin. I found that a really high heat pan searing on the sausage makes it easier to stuff into the loin and gives it a better texture while your putting in the sausage, stuff in some roasted peppers throught with the sausage. (i use the jarred ones, its easier).

When you slice the loin, ya got a perfect sausage center inside. dont tell anyone ya did it till slicing time....

damn..

now im hungry.
All this talk about stuffing a sausage into a loin is making me...well...you know...

Honey?...MrsMista..where are you?

BBL...much later...

Rec Tec RT-700 Bull
Pitmaker Vault

Remembering Scott
Bigmista is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2004, 09:33 PM   #83
Bill-Chicago

Just to clarify, we are talking about a center cut pork loin, not a tenderloin. No need to stuff that

anyway, here's my results.

I got 1# sage fatty, 1# smoked bologna,2 chik boobs, 4# center cut pork loin in the fridge. No room to eat.

We ate a slab and a half of bbacks.

first time I did the 3-2-1 method. I usually leave them in foil and cooler them. This time I put them back in the smoke with sauce.

I used all wood. All of Phils cherry, most of Neils peach, and 2/3 bag of NB Hickory chunks.

I love going all wood, but its expensive.

I tip my cap to J Minion on my 7.6# trimmed flat

followed his advice in previous threads. rubbed it down good and added a sugar and cinnamon base to it. flipped it over after the first 6 hours.

I created a bark that caused an orgasm in the kitchen a few minutes ago. My 12 year old cam over, and she grabed a piece the fell apart in her hand.

We could have won with my ribs and brisket tonight.

I judge each cook like I learned at my KCBS class.

This was the first time I gave 9's to myself. Only thing now is to get the presentation right.

The death of "willkat98"

Bandera, M-BGE, WSM, Gold Kettle, Kenmore Gasser, 36Qt Turkey Fryer, ECB, Dutch Oven, Black Iron BBQ Viper-M, Blackstone 36" Griddle

Old 09-05-2004, 11:54 AM   #84
tommykendall
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
maybe i should start dinkin huh??
thinkin', drinkin', really dinkin', or all 3?

Old 09-07-2004, 09:05 AM   #85
Bill-Chicago

Made chili last night with leftovers.

Half a sage fatty, and cubed up some brisket that I sliced thick

Don't recall who said you couldn't put brisket in chili, but I do it all the time (think nthole does too)

farking awesome.

The death of "willkat98"

Old 09-07-2004, 09:29 AM   #86
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Brisket in Chile is great.. adds some smokineness to it thats ya can't get in a bottle(o yeah liquid smoke...ewwwwww)

my results....

I made too much food.. people were walkin around holding their bellies.

first came out 2 Briskets, one my standby and the other injected with Fab B.

(ON a side note with the Fab B. Dont like the color the Fab B turns the brisket.. and the meat had an uneven appearence to it from the injections. Taste was definately "enhanced", but i like the flavor of a plain ole' brisket better. )

The brisket s evaporated in about 5 minutes. 12 people, 2 12lb'ers. One real nice compliment. olne of my guests brought his brother. He worked in Ben's Deli for 12 years.. Bens is a fancy smancy Kosher deli around here. He said than in 12 years he never had a brisket "that tender or juicy with that much flavor and never saw a brisket with that much juice coming out of it." He wants to bring BBQ to the Restaurant. Is oak and Mesquite Kosher?

Sausage rings and Fatties came out next.... poof.. fatties gone in minutes.. no one believed they were jimmy deans, had to show them wrappers from the garbage.

Moved on to a barrage of chicken and ribs, put out a tray of wings while slicing and serving the ribs, then brought out some thighs... Ws experimenting with different sauce recipes to get some insight for competitions..(no one knew they were being guiney pigs). The wings were going like mad.. people were startin to slow down... Kept bringin out ribs(made 9 racks of st louis).. I couldnt tell the difference between the moans from good ribs or the moans from overfull bellies but i had both.. came to the point where people were running away when they see someone coming with a tray of meat..... Few hours later i discovered a pork butt in the coller.. forgot about it.. guess that was a good thing.. beside a few wings.. it was all the leftovers a I had..

then again, they hardly touched the sides.... beans went, but the salads all stayed..

Made a cobbler the chrating way.. got some cherry pie fillings and put it in the dutch oven and layed some pop-n-fresh cinnamon buns on top. Put the dutch oven inm the firebox with some coals on top... worked nicly.. was really good.. and easy to do..

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2004, 10:16 AM   #87
Bigdog

How about stuffing your pork with a pepperoni log? They make some great ones in the Chicago area.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2004, 10:38 AM   #88
parrothead

Quote:
They make some great ones in the Chicago area.
Of course they do.

American Picker Blog

Old 09-07-2004, 12:39 PM   #89
jminion
is one Smokin' Farker

Phil- How much injection did you use?
WSM
Primos
Klose
couple of Ranch kettles
jminion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2004, 06:54 PM   #90
markbet
Full Fledged Farker

Jim.....I used the Fab-B on my brisket, and the Fab-P on the boston butts, the people just loved both. The flavor was better that I have ever fixed. Worked great for me.

- Traeger Lil Tex Grill

-Used to have a Bandera stick burner. (been put out to pasture)
markbet is offline   Reply With Quote