So What would you cook?

speedrcer1

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ok, Going to the Pocono Nascar race this weekend.
Be there all weekend. Have a gas grill and a RV's stovetop.
Any good suggestions for a family meal?
Did Cajun surf and turf during guys weekend there in June.

Thanks all!

Italian Sausage w/Grilled Onions and Bell Peppers, served on a Hogie w/Swiss Cheese.
Cheer on the #11 for me !
Have a great time,
Chuck

Me and a few buddies are making the trip to Bristol next month We are making a 6 day trip they are riding motorcycles and im taking the truck, Im gunna smoke 2 butts for pulled pork, a brisket, pork loin, a coupple fatties, and im taking my road trip grill with me for steaks, burgers, brats. I cant wait its gunna be a good time

Italian Sausage w/Grilled Onions and Bell Peppers, served on a Hogie w/Swiss Cheese.
Cheer on the #11 for me !
Have a great time,
Chuck
Thanks Chuck, That's doable.
btw, the 11 needs no luck at Pocono, it's everyone else who needs luck against him!

@CC Have a safe trip and enjoy Bristol!

Use the grill to indirect some turkey legs, and the cook top to fry some stuffing cakes.

Make up your stuffing, mix in anything from a traditional turkey dinner. Green beans, taters, gravy, whatever.
Then patty it out, and fry it.

nothing like a handheld Thanksgiving dinner! Goes great with all that beer too!

My wifes family is from the Phila area and her uncle makes this kick a$$ grilled version of a Phila cheese steak. I have made these several times on my trips to Martinsville.

All you need is thin sliced ribeye steaks (about 1/4 inch thick) seasoned with a thin coat of oil and salt and pepper and then grilled. When the steak is finished chop it up into into small pieces, slap it on your hoagie roll, slather with cheez wiz, and cover with sauteed onions/green peppers.

Have a good time!

Denny only needs luck against the mighty 29!!!

Have fun, I'm jealous. I'll be watching from my couch.

Matt

Last edited:
Okay so I have the 9, 29, and 11 to pull for,

Thanks for the advice, had not thought of the cheese steaks, they will be pre-race lunch Sunday. Sunday night I picked up lamb chops. Saturday is still up in the air....

Do wrapped chicken, it will be a killer. Take your quartered birds and double wrap them in foil, 2 quarters per pack. Before foiling spray the foil with Pam and add 2 TB of your favorite BBQ sauce. Double wrap each package and cook them 20 min, turn, 20 min, turn, 10 min, turn ,10 min, turn. Unwrap and then glaze with the BBQ sauce over the fire. Super chix and easy to do.

Can't go wrong with Burgers! Moinks and ABTs for snacks.

How about some cheers for the 17 and 99. Maybe a few kind wishes for Jack R. Survived 2 plane crashes! might want to look other transportation.

Have a great time! we went to the Brickyard and nationwide short track in Indy last week. It was a first for both and a good time.

Can't go wrong with Burgers! Moinks and ABTs for snacks.

How about some cheers for the 17 and 99. Maybe a few kind wishes for Jack R. Survived 2 plane crashes! might want to look other transportation.

Have a great time! we went to the Brickyard and nationwide short track in Indy last week. It was a first for both and a good time.
Yes, def pay respects to the Kat in the hat.
99 sure, 17 to me is like boiled ribs. Some like em. (I'm just sayin...

Went to June and cooked 50 Moink balls for 3. Okay really for 20 of my neighbors.

ABT's are out as this is the family trip and they just are not ready (yet) for ABT's!

Yes, def pay respects to the Kat in the hat.
99 sure, 17 to me is like boiled ribs. Some like em. (I'm just sayin...

Went to June and cooked 50 Moink balls for 3. Okay really for 20 of my neighbors.

ABT's are out as this is the family trip and they just are not ready (yet) for ABT's!

Can't likem all wouldn't be any fun! 24,29,11,12 (anything from Dodge really) just like starting the grill with lighter fluid to me then chugging down a bunch of Odouls. LOL.

Ok How about some shrimp? Maybe a Fatty or two? Stuffem with cheese.

Well, what'd ya make? I hope you had fun. I told
you Denny needed luck against Harvick!!!

Matt
Okay,
Sat night made smoked turkey legs and wings. They came out great. (as suggested)
Got some great local Amish grown corn.
Sunday did some killer lamb chops I got from RD. I never grilled them before but they came out great. Marinaded with some balsamic dressing, garlic and fresh rosemary.
Served it with grilled butternut squash.

Funny note, I was telling a new neighbor at the track about this site and how great it is. But I was not bringing a smoker to the track. Sat lunch was just burgers, He came up to me and asked me what kind of a good BBQ'er makes plain old burgers.
The smoker is coming next year!
Family had a great time. For Nascar fans out there, if you ever get a chance to see a race trackside, jump at it. Great fun.
My son cheering his Mark Martin on
DSC_3412.jpg
Someone asked me to pull for the 99 and 17..
DSC_3456.jpg

Thanks for looking.
:thumb::thumb:

Back