BBQ Trailer

Sticks-n-chicks

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Been workign on this the last few weeks, the outside needs some work, need to take off some old stickers (any suggestions are welcomed), but I will wait until it's a little warmer. Trying to find a canopy and A/C It will be nice to not sleep in the back of a truck!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 289
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 286
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 287
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 287
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 287
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 287
What size trailer is that? 7x18?
Bunks and a double bed?
What material do you have hangin around the sink and cabinets?
What's your water heater plan?
Are you free to work on mine next month?

Well

What size trailer is that? 7x18?
Bunks and a double bed?
What material do you have hangin around the sink and cabinets?
What's your water heater plan?
Are you free to work on mine next month?

8x20 yup bunks and a double, I bought the PVC wall sheets from lowes, haven't decided what I am going to do for the back 2/3rds for the wall probably panelling. I am trying to temporarily use my coleman hooked up to my water line. But I have been looking at 110v water heater from Ace ($160.00) 2.5 gallons. I am more than willing to share the mistakes I made...like not leaving enough room for the fridge and having to move the wall and bunks back and 1 1/2 inches...that was fun...got some work to do this weekend and next to get ready for NKC.

Are you hauling smokers in there? I don't know what you smoke on. I'm wondering what it's going to weigh when it's loaded up.

Looks nice.

You might not like those bulb lights in the long run. Unless they are covered, it is going to suck when one gets broken as you are working on your turn in box and class drops into it. I realize it was a lot of work to set them up as nicely as you have, but I'd rethink them... unless you have covers.

Wieght

Are you hauling smokers in there? I don't know what you smoke on. I'm wondering what it's going to weigh when it's loaded up.

All we have our 2 barrels, 1 WSM and 1 oversized WSM but I am guestimating probably 5-5 1/2k when fully loaded. I ended up getting a weight dist. hitch ans sway bar to make it a little easier on my tahoe...mpg sucks...

Hmmmm

Looks nice.

You might not like those bulb lights in the long run. Unless they are covered, it is going to suck when one gets broken as you are working on your turn in box and class drops into it. I realize it was a lot of work to set them up as nicely as you have, but I'd rethink them... unless you have covers.

Good Point that I hadn't considered...I see and update coming...

Although

Looks nice.

The lights under the cabinet are covered halogens and the 60w your seeing are in the corner of the cieling which is 7ft...now you got me thinking...

When I bought my used trailer, I had a bunch of stickers I had to remove. The easiest thing I found was to use a hair dryer to get them nice and hot. That tends to loosen up the adhesive and make them easier to peel. I say easy but if they have been on there a long time, they will probably end up coming off in little pieces.

Interior looks great, good luck!

When I bought my used trailer, I had a bunch of stickers I had to remove. The easiest thing I found was to use a hair dryer to get them nice and hot. That tends to loosen up the adhesive and make them easier to peel. I say easy but if they have been on there a long time, they will probably end up coming off in little pieces.

Interior looks great, good luck!

That and 3M sticker adhesive remover spray. That's how I got the stickers off the tailgate off my Dakota and it worked great. However, that was new so the stickers hadn't been on there for years.

Will, it looks great man. I to am concerned about your lights. I see at least 1000 watts running in there, that's almost 9 amps of power. I have 1 two bulb 48" high output florescent in mine and it super bright in there. I know your trailer is bigger than mine but I would think three would do it. You could mount them on the ceiling and just wire them over to your existing junction boxes and just put 110v outlets in all the others as those are always handy. Three of the lights I have would only draw 1.2 amps thats a big difference. Also the halogens are nice but they are big energy hogs as well, they are drawling 2 amps as well. This is just a suggestion from some of the things I learned while doing mine. Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing it in action.

That will be a really nice trailer Looking forward to see the finished product

Back