MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #76
blackeyedpig
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
I think it's because a lot of folks think Margarine is inferior to Butter. Most Margarine products are inferior (like Country Crock which is made from 100% Soy) but Parkay and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter really tastes like Butter. Also, Margarine has a much higher smoke point whereas Butter will tend to burn at BBQ Temps.
All of which is fine but it doesn't answer the question of why they're calling it butter.

BTW, congrats to Butcher Dave, I should have said that from the top.
blackeyedpig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #77
cpw
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackeyedpig View Post
All of which is fine but it doesn't answer the question of why they're calling it butter.
My guess is it's easier to refer to all butter/butter substitute products as "butter." That's the way we do it in my house, I don't ask for the smart balance buttery spread, I ask for the butter.
Yoder YS640
Savannah, GA
Yes, Dear BBQ on Facebook
Proudly sponsored by Royal Oak Charcoal and The Atlanta BBQ store
cpw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #78
Porcine Perfection
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackeyedpig View Post

BTW, congrats to Butcher Dave, I should have said that from the top.
It does get confusing.

On a side note. RIP Deacon Jones. The originator of the term sack.

Old 06-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #79
hogzillas
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher BBQ View Post
The meat this year is from a national restaurant supplier. I think it brings the quality of product down to what the back yard cooker would pick up at the store.
Thanks. I see it's linked to Sysco
hogzillas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #80
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

For the juice we mixed with our Pork injection I use Welch's white grape juice with Peach (it is found on the non refrigerated shelf), The blue butter (sorry margarine) bottle is not what it looks like, on the ribs the only thing was really just the water. Thats all I can think of. If you see anything bring it back up here and I will comment on it.

"Trust Your Butcher"
Often Imitated, but never Duplicated
Butcher BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #81
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Quote:
The blue butter (sorry margarine) bottle is not what it looks like......
Could you expand on that, I didn't get the meaning of "not what it looked like".

I loved your comment about spices being dehydradated and needing to be re-hydrated.
So much so that I paused the TV, looked at my wife and said, "Wow, such a simple concept, so obvious, and I never thought about it".

Great job on the grilling Sir, very well done.

Oh...would it be rude of me to ask...
Was any prize money given for that show? I know they talk about the grand prize and the big picture, but I wondered if there was any compensation by the organization, the network, or whoever.

Thank you!
Bob
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #82
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
Could you expand on that, I didn't get the meaning of "not what it looked like".

I loved your comment about spices being dehydradated and needing to be re-hydrated.
So much so that I paused the TV, looked at my wife and said, "Wow, such a simple concept, so obvious, and I never thought about it".

Great job on the grilling Sir, very well done.

Oh...would it be rude of me to ask...
Was any prize money given for that show? I know they talk about the grand prize and the big picture, but I wondered if there was any compensation by the organization, the network, or whoever.

Thank you!
Bob
What I mean by this is I refill that bottle with what I want. Now for the prize money, NOTHING for this round.

"Trust Your Butcher"

Old 06-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #83
jmoney7269
Banned

Seen one Pitmaster, ya seen em all! Congrats on your win David! I was rootin for ya! Now down to the good talk. I'm curious how long yalls plates sat before they actually tasted em? Also I loved the comment about the guys dull knife! I love my boning knife and could do a whole Cookoff with it. Any best boning knife brand? I have a victorinox but it has to be steeled pretty often to cut like I want it to. Was wandering if there was like a high carbon you reccommeded.
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #84
jrbBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
What I mean by this is I refill that bottle with what I want. Now for the prize money, NOTHING for this round.
You may have not won any money in that episode, but it has to pay off with sales. My mother of all people called Monday and said that she spent close to a hundred dollars on your website and the only thing she knew was that I use some product of yours, but didn't know what. I laughed my butt off and the good thing is now I get to experiment with several things. Your products that I've used are fantastic, I know why your slogan is "Trust your Butcher"

Old 06-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #85
Gasket
Full Fledged Farker

Just caught the episode on IN DEMAND. Way to gave Dave! And the color that you got on them ribs, beautiful!

Old 06-05-2013, 04:36 AM   #86
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestBBQ View Post
I think it's because a lot of folks think Margarine is inferior to Butter. Most Margarine products are inferior (like Country Crock which is made from 100% Soy) but Parkay and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter really tastes like Butter. Also, Margarine has a much higher smoke point whereas Butter will tend to burn at BBQ Temps.
Is there a dislike button. LOL

Margarine tastes like crap and butter tastes like mothers milk. Parkay is no exception to that rule.
Hawg Father of Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #87
SmokinAussie
somebody shut me the fark up.

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne)
Name/Nickname : Bill
Default If you want Links

G'Day to all Brethren unable to watch the show outside the USA.

If you want a link for download, please PM me and I will provide them when it becomes available. This may take days or weeks depending on when the cappers put it up on Usenet and you'll have to be reasonably quick after I post the links. Current shows do not last long on the fileserver sites before they are deleted.

Cheers!

Bill
SmokinAussie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 05:43 AM   #88
benavidez
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg Father of Seoul View Post
Is there a dislike button. LOL

Margarine tastes like crap and butter tastes like mothers milk. Parkay is no exception to that rule.
i agree... Grassfed whole butter or GHEE tastes way better than margarine could ever wish to and if your worried that butter has to low of a smoke point use ghee which has a 400 degree smoke point and is super rich. Not to mention the positive nutrients of grassfed butter like butyric acid which has anti cancer properties and conjugated linoleic acid that aids in weight loss. yes good butter can help you lose weight..
benavidez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2013, 06:30 AM   #89
Butcher BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

It sat a few hours in cambro's. We were around back in the "Pit" so it was hard to tell exactly when they started and stopped. But it was a few hours.

"Trust Your Butcher"

Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 AM   #90
jmoney7269
Banned

Quote:
It sat a few hours in cambro's. We were around back in the "Pit" so it was hard to tell exactly when they started and stopped. But it was a few hours.
So what types of knives you use? Just curious if there is that much of a difference? I was looking a the shun which is a harder steel and supposedly holds the edge better.
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote