Friday's Smoke

DDave

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Smoked a 10.5 pound packer brisket on Friday. Here is is all rubbed and ready for the drum.

DSC03045.jpg

Put it on around 12:30 am.

DSC03048.jpg

Really fills up the grate! Used Royal Oak briquettes (for the last time) and some hickory and cherry.

Checked it at 6 am and it was at 165°.

DSC03049.jpg

Had a lot of time on my hands since I took a vacation day so I made up a few appetizers -- ABTs, MOINK Balls and Armadillo Eggs.

DSC03053.jpg

Didn't want to disturb the brisket lifting the drum lid and such so I fired up the SnP.It was kind of fun having them both going at once.

DSC03054.jpg

Here are the appetizers done . . .

DSC03058.jpg

and finally the brisket. No foil to 195°.

DSC03060.jpg

Separated the flat from the point wth the intention of making burnt ends but that didn't quite work out. The point was falling apart and wasn't "cubable". I had to put it in the cooler right when I pulled it off to go pick up my kids from school. As was explained to me, that long rest probably made the point too done. So I made some shredded BBQ beef instead.

DSC03062.jpg

And here is the flat sliced.

DSC03063.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dave

Nice Dave, how do you like the afterburner?

I love it. What's great about it is that you can take it out in a matter of seconds and do a charcoal smoke if you want. Plus when you're doing something like jerky that you don't want smoked the whole time, you just take the can with the smoke wood out and you just have heat.

It's especially great if you want to smoke something but don't feel like babysitting a fire.

Dave

Good lookin Grub!

You said you last time using RO what are you using in the future?

Back