MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
TexasGuppie
Full Fledged Farker

Default I'm certain that I speak for the masses...

...when I say there is nothing more cruel than the bitter sting one experiences when he clicks on "Smoke Signals" and is pleased to see what his brain has craved all day...a post titled something like:

From Start to Finish (PRON)

If an index finger could be dislocated while clicking a computer mouse it would certainly happen as the BBQ'er can hardly tolerate the time that passes between the "click" of the mouse and the beginning of the download that he anticipates will be "Visual BBQ Crack."

And much to his dismay he finds his heart sinking to depths deeper than even the largest grease catcher in all of this great land.

Why the tremendous disappointment? The sadness?, The hurt and the pain?

Because instead of being greeted by jpegs loaded with sights second only to the Seven Natural Wonders of the World he is met by this demon:

Yes, he is the sad victim of his work computer. The Barracuda Security Filter does not understand his need for this eye candy, this eyeball nirvana.

But he continues to search for ways to feed this addiction that has him living in BBQ Pic Prison...and there it is...the Brethren that does NOT utilize the demonic outside photo-storage web sites. No, this is the Brethren that understands the importance of the time spent resizing his BBQ memories for the rest of us to enjoy.

He is satisfied for awhile, having received his "fix" at the hands of his "Photographic Pimp Brethren" but the high soon fades, leaving him to wonder...

..."What BBQ pleasure lurks behind the thin lingerie of that RED X?"

-Gup
(leaving to attend his BBQ 12-Step meeting)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"You must go through the Valley to stand upon the mountain of God."[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]In Memory of Scott "E" Cook[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]3/29/1965-9/3/2006[/FONT]

Last edited by TexasGuppie; 01-06-2008 at 02:00 PM..
TexasGuppie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

You almost made me cry.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
JimT
Full Fledged Farker

Default Hang in there, brother....

We understand!!!

Photobucket, flickr, they're all blocked!!!

You'll survive, trust me. You might not be the same, but you'll survive.

JimT

Old 01-05-2008, 07:30 PM   #4
Harbormaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Clark

Gup,
After your Shakespearean quality post, I feel I must aopologize, for I, too, am one who uses outside photo storage.

Lo, I believed it to be the Poobah preferred method for photo storage. After all, the commandments state "Thou shall not wastefully hog Poobahs bandwidth."

To you sir, I am most sincerely sorry.
Brinkman Cimmaron.
"For when democracy becomes tyranny, those of us with rifles still get to vote"
Harbormaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2008, 08:28 PM   #5
BBQ Grail
somebody shut me the fark up.

I feel your pain!

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote