Bel Air BBQ Bash change

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
FYI for those going to the Bel Air BBQ Bash:

June 16, 2008

VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL BBQ BASH COMPETITORS!

We have just been notified of a significant cost increase for providing electrical power to this year’s BBQ Bash. Because of this, we are no longer able to provide service for free as we have in the past.

I am very sorry to have to do this, especially at this relatively late date, but the realities of rising fuel costs, and a slumping construction market in this area, have forced our supplies to recover more of their costs to provide this service. The fees for service are as follows:

5 [COLOR=orange ! important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][COLOR=orange ! important][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Amp[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], 120 Volt Service $50
Additional 5 Amp, 120 Volt Service $25

A form is attached to order service. PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM AND SEND DIRECTLY TO BENFIELD ELECTRIC ALONG WITH YOUR PAYMENT BY JULY 18, 2008.

I again apologize for this late notice. I can assure you that this fee increase doesn’t come close to covering the increased costs to the event.

Craig Ward
BBQ Bash Coordinator

So the basic 15amp is basically $100. Escalating costs are out of control and I am sure organizers are feeling as much as we do. . I am sure we will see a lot more of this in the future. Tough to keep costs down for the competitor

They do not allow outside generators either...

I can't believe that they ar having a BBQ bash in Bel Air. Uncle Phil will be happy but Geoffrey will be pissed if he has to clean up.

What I got said 5 amp 120v, even with the $50.00 for electric its still is only $225.00. I hope the 5 amp is a typo. You could run a couple of lights and maybe a fan on 5 amps.The check gets sent to the electrical contractor.This comp is the best one I have done as far as spectators, 20000 over the 2 day and a lot of really good teams.

AT $225 it is still reasonable. What is the deal with the no generator rule though?

Back