• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

looking for a good rub

Apparentyly Lawerys is doing a good job ,they sure sell a lot.

thumb_MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

Apparentyly Lawerys is doing a good job ,they sure sell a lot.

Yes they do. Your point is? Wait. Let me guess. Everything has the same ingredients as Lawry's so they all must taste like Lawry's.

Yes they do. Your point is? Wait. Let me guess. Everything has the same ingredients as Lawry's so they all must taste like Lawry's.

There are a great number of people that truly cannot tell the difference in taste and you could serve them a $100 cut of kobe porterhouse or a non-graded lower than canner grader and they would be tickled with it because they got a heck of deal.

Its a waste of time to go round and round.

The next time I am on my way to my mom's and I am driving through Sebring, I will be buying some Plowboy's rubs.

I am just now learning the difference myself so while I don't understand how someone would argue with a purveyor of all things spice, but you know there is one in every crowd. :boxing:

Good point. A rub, any rub, is a preferred taste thing. A rub cannot make up the difference for lesser quality meat or poor technique.

There are a great number of people that truly cannot tell the difference in taste and you could serve them a $100 cut of kobe porterhouse or a non-graded lower than canner grader and they would be tickled with it because they got a heck of deal.

Its a waste of time to go round and round.

The next time I am on my way to my mom's and I am driving through Sebring, I will be buying some Plowboy's rubs.

I am just now learning the difference myself so while I don't understand how someone would argue with a purveyor of all things spice, but you know there is one in every crowd. :boxing:

Well I smoke a lot of meat and use a lot of different rubs and it about all the same , But some of you so call bbq expert will talk about different rub and sauces and then cook your food on gas or some of those square little charcoal thingy and throw in a couple of pieces of wood and called it wood smoke and then tell people you have experience taste buds

BTW if you know how to q you can take a cheap cut of meat and make it taste like a Kobe beef.

Well I smoke a lot of meat and use a lot of different rubs and it about all the same , But some of you so call bbq expert will talk about different rub and sauces and then cook your food on gas or some of those square little charcoal thingy and throw in a couple of pieces of wood and called it wood smoke and then tell people you have experience taste buds

BTW if you know how to q you can take a cheap cut of meat and make it taste like a Kobe beef.

Wow? Your posts in this thread are condescending, no? Why must you be so negative?

I wish you wellness!

Anybody else notice that "looking for a good rub" by "soapy junk" looks a little like one of them personals ads? :heh:

anyhoo, you've heard already...SM, Plowboys, Rub Co., Tasty Licks - all good stuff (& still sounds a little like one of them personals ads). For beef, however, I find myself sticking more to sea salt & cracked black pepper.

Back