Phubar's Lowland Smokers...Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 Pron

Farking awesome! :clap2: Looking forward to the pron :hungry: Did Guy go?

There were 12 teams in total.
These team are highly professionals...most of them went to cooking school or work at restaurants,pattisseries etc...real haute culinair going on.

Lowland Smokers is a team that consist of amateur backyard smokers and is formed on/by the Dutch Brethren forum....including our newest member Padawan.
This team was formed last year and we've only competed once in Belgium.

We had to make:

-chicken
-mackerel
-pork (ribroast?)
-beePh (picanha/rump cap)
-dessert (strawberry and blueberry)

We had to make 2 plates for the jury at our table,1 plate for display and 1 styrofoam (blind) turn in box that contained enough to sample for 6 persons.
You could earn more points if you used zucchini and/or a certain kind of beer.
The judges want to see/taste that most of the ingredients on the plate came of the grill.

Brother Niek - chicken - 3rd place

Sisthren Padawan - mackerel - 3rd place

Brother Jo - pork - 2nd place

Brother Phubar - beePh - 2nd place

Brother Spiffs - dessert - 7th

Resultaten3.jpg

Oorkonde.jpg

Woot! First is first.. and there is only one. Congrats on a great showing!
Looking for those pics when they post!:first::first::first:

This is not news. We all knew you'd take first Phub, we were just waiting to see what you cooked.

Congrats!

Farking awesome! :clap2: Looking forward to the pron :hungry: Did Guy go?

Most probably he didn't make it...otherwise I would've seen him.
You know what I made as side?....couscous!:becky::thumb:
It was somewhat the same what you ate at my place but I added some chives,green onions and Todd's Dirt.....I added the chive blossom too.:wink:

Most probably he didn't make it...otherwise I would've seen him.
You know what I made as side?....couscous!:becky::thumb:
It was somewhat the same what you ate at my place but I added some chives,green onions and Todd's Dirt.....I added the chive blossom too.:wink:

Nice! What categories do you guys have in yer comps over there? That Dirt is something, ain't it?

***on edit***
Somehow I missed the categories^^^ when I posted this. Maybe because I was making sure my kids didn't get too out of hand with the sledgehammer and pallet I gave them to play with. :heh:

Last edited:
Ooo, picanha for second, nice Phu. Mackerel, man, that is something new and unexpected, good thing Padawan was there.

Nice! What categories do you guys have in yer comps over there? That Dirt is something, ain't it?

Also used The Dirt on the picanha with olive oil,coarse seasalt and cracked black pepper.:becky:
Smoked them in the mini UDS and grilled them on the WGA.:cool:
I've posted the categories above or isn't that what you meant?

Holy mackerel, what a good showing! :laugh:

CD

Back