CL Score

Crux

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I may be fairly new to the forum but I am old enough to score! Found this on CL for $10. It is 20 yrs old, made in 1991. In fairly good shape for its age. Vents are free. Definitely needs a good cleaning. Has a couple chips and rust spots but a little touch up will fix that. Needs a new ash pan, it is melted. The previous owner had it under the charcoal grate inside the kettle and it could not stand the heat. The bowl was out of round a bit and the lid did not sit on it but I was able to tweak it back in shape. The grates are very rusty and in tact but I think she deserves a new set.

Ben

Attachments

• IMG_0052-800.JPG
    IMG_0052-800.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0053-800.JPG
    IMG_0053-800.JPG
    184.7 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0055-800.JPG
    IMG_0055-800.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0056-800.JPG
    IMG_0056-800.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 173
Great score!!!! I'm currently restoring a red too, 1986. I've got a thread on it as well. Looking forward to your pictures.

Can't think of a better way to spend $10.
shakehands.gif

You couldn't go wrong for that price.
Nice score

Great score!!!! I'm currently restoring a red too, 1986. I've got a thread on it as well. Looking forward to your pictures.

I have been following your restore. It will come in helpful for mine. I am thinking of ordering the ash pan assemble from a OTG and mounting it on, we'll see. I saw where someone did that in another thread. Did you find a paint match or do you just take the lid down to the auto parts store and match something up?

I have been following your restore. It will come in helpful for mine. I am thinking of ordering the ash pan assemble from a OTG and mounting it on, we'll see. I saw where someone did that in another thread. Did you find a paint match or do you just take the lid down to the auto parts store and match something up?

I bought some rustoleum, but it was not a good match. I'm just going to shine her up with 0000 and give her a good polish. No painting. I've ordered new wheels and one touch system. According to fed-ex it'll get here next thursday. Hope to break her in that evening.

Nice score! I keep looking for my elusive red head. One of these days...

ohhh... you're gonna make swamprb bust out with pictures of his fleet of redheads now!! He has good threads on painting redheads - search for them. Plenty of good info re: repainting..

Nice score, I picked up a black silver kettle in great shape for $20 last week. Gonna part it out for the next UDS.

Sand those handles and soak them in some good wood oil. Wood handles are essential on a red Weber.

CD

Back