Hot and Fast Spares

emtnate

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Nate
Spares, start to finish in about 4 hours. I have tried cooking ribs hot a few times without spectacular results. I tried again this evening, this time wrapping them to keep them more moist. It worked, but I still prefer them smoked low and slow. At least I know now.

bjEYIdX.jpg

Light rub and on the kettle with with charcoal and cherry wood at 300.

0fg5lrJ.jpg

90 minutes of smoke, then wrapped with butter, brown sugar, and cider.

5rfc156.jpg

1 Hour wrapped, unwrapped and brushed with sauce and back on at 300 for 30 minutes to set the sauce. Last, it was brushed with another coat of sauce and went over to the gasser on high for 5 minutes on each side to crisp up.

pqzaxFl.jpg

The result: lightly smoked, sweet, and sticky ribs. A little bite and chew, but not too tough. Pretty good, and I'd do it again for another weeknight dinner. My 4 year old approves and asked for seconds.

Thanks everyone. I didn't mention it, but you can see a peek in the first picture. The tips and edible trimmings were in a pan under the cooking grate. These were rubbed with Montreal steak seasoning and a generic Sriracha rub I picked up somewhere. They'll be delicious with my lunch at work tomorrow.

4 year old approved? That means you nailed it! Nothing better feeling then when your family loves your BBQ. Nice cook!

Nicely done! Family approval is all you need.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back