ABT Prep

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to do my 1st ABT's tomorrow. I did some searching but in a little hurry tonight.

Questions,

Can I prep them tonight and cook tomorrow?

Smoker Temp 225º?

Cook until bacon is done, 2 hours?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I am going to do my 1st ABT's tomorrow. I did some searching but in a little hurry tonight.

Questions,

Can I prep them tonight and cook tomorrow?

Smoker Temp 225º?

Cook until bacon is done, 2 hours?

Thanks!

- YES

- YES

- YES about 2 hours

Don't you love when you know the answers to your own questions!!:biggrin:

Your spot on ol chap. Pictures please.

Be prepared because ABT's are like cocaine. You will be addicted!

Make sure you have the flavor option turned on when your taking the pics!

When I make them it's usualy alot of them I will prep the night before makes it alot easier for me that way.

I did 4 Jalapeno’s, 6 Yellow Chili's and 4 Green Chili's. Not a very good selection at the store today. I do not like hot peppers so will need to shop ahead next time.

Maybe it's just me but it took me over an hour to prep them. I have seen some pron of others ABT’s and mine are not near as pretty.

Pron tomorrow.

I do it all the time. I just wrap all on tray with saran wrap and refrigerate.

yep, day before, day after, same day. it don't matter

use that little known tool in photoshop called the "flavorisor filter" set to about 22 and bump up the "tastebud enticer" filter to around 7 :biggrin:

I did 4 Jalapeno’s, 6 Yellow Chili's and 4 Green Chili's. Not a very good selection at the store today. I do not like hot peppers so will need to shop ahead next time.

Maybe it's just me but it took me over an hour to prep them. I have seen some pron of others ABT’s and mine are not near as pretty.

Pron tomorrow.

As long as they taste good looks don't matter. it is time consuming to make them but the more you do the fast you get.

use that little known tool in photoshop called the "flavorisor filter" set to about 22 and bump up the "tastebud enticer" filter to around 7 :biggrin:

See Rick, now that is the kind of photography jargon that I understand:eek::icon_blush::lol:

I gave it a try and they were pretty tasty. Had to pull them early due to poor planning and to many things going on today.

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Had one real hot Jalapeno, dropped the darn thing in the fire. I need better lighting.

Picture025.jpg

Thanks Scott for the help on the Asparagus, I want to try them again with teriyaki next time.

OR - you could just hit the "Auto-fix Photo" button in Paint Shop Pro for 1/3 the price. :wink:
BTW - nice looking ABTs!

What did ya stuff em with???

Man... I am shakin now... I need an ABT fix!!!

Back