• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sams Club gone ??????

bbqbull

Watching over us.
Reaction score
Went to Sams Club today to p/u 2 brisket flats and 2 pork butts for deer camp. Was planning on smoking them tomorrow and chilling for deer camp for chili and pulled pork sammies. Sams Club meat dept. mgr told me ..............your the third person today who wanted brisket and butts today. I aske why they didnt have any and they told me. We were told not to order them as their not in season now. WTF? Went and checked out, stopped by customer srvcs. Asked them why no briskets? They said whats a brisket? OMG now im really getting miffed. They said go back to meat dept. and talk to mgt. I told them I did and was sent here. Ladies said hey we dont know what to tell ya. I said isnt this cust. services? They said yes so I asked to speak w/store manager. He isnt here. I said ok and probably wont renew my membership. They told me to go and fill out a complaint card and stuff it in the bitch box. I did but doubt if I will go back after my card expires. I realize im up here in Michigan but is this the norm in the warmer sections of the county while we freeze our arses off during the winter months? Just wondering here and thanks for any comments. Sure am gonna miss my brisket chili.

Mike:mad:

WTF indeed! As far as I know, there's no 'season' for pork and beef! Maybe deer and elk, but NO WAY as to beef and pork.

Someone, somewhere got some bad information and has been passing it on to their customers.

Sad, but it happens in places that can't afford (won't pay) to hire true, knowledgeable professionals.

Ya gets whatcha pay for, brother.

/Brother Dave

Uhhhh.... yeah....uhh....i dunno.... sounds like somebody at SAms is a dumb A** or somthin'

Gotta agree.... you just found a run of bad flunkies.... I have never been to a Sam's that didn't keep butts and briskets on hand in spades.

Lots of folks actual cook them in the oven like a roast.... I know it is a wild concept... what what season are they referring to!

Did you get to talk to thier butcher, or just a lackey in a white jump suit...

The never stop stocking here... wait a second. i don't go to Sam's,
I'm a costco man.

although I've heard that sams caters to the BBQ'r more than costco

Kung Fu BBQ said:
although I've heard that sams caters to the BBQ'r more than costco

The only difference that I've seen is that Costco has gone to boneless butts and Sam's still has bone in. Other than that, they have the same product, prices, and quality... that I've seen.

I don't know. But have you ever tried to buy a good pair of snow boots in the middle of winter at any Walmart. All you can find are sandles and burmuda shorts. You ask WTF??? They say they're getting ready for the next upcoming season.
So while your out at your grill, baking in the sun, remember to stop and think, hey it's the middle of summer, I better go get some snow boots and some extra liners.
And why, why, why, can't you find a Hamms bear saucer anymore???

There ain't no reason that the meat dept. could'nt order you a case of briskets and then you would be set for a while...

A year or two ago when Costco stopped carrying bone in butts, and my Sam's memebership had lapsed, I asked them to order be a case of bone-ins and they had it on the next truck... Should be no different with Sam's Club.

James.

bbqjoe said:
I don't know. But have you ever tried to buy a good pair of snow boots in the middle of winter at any Walmart. All you can find are sandles and burmuda shorts. You ask WTF??? They say they're getting ready for the next upcoming season.
So while your out at your grill, baking in the sun, remember to stop and think, hey it's the middle of summer, I better go get some snow boots and some extra liners.
And why, why, why, can't you find a Hamms bear saucer anymore???

I had that experience today. Wanted to find a wireless thermometer while I was in WallyWorld. Couldn't find one. Couldn't any BBQ stuff except the lonely looking grills sitting outside stored in the lawn and garden section.

Up here in NY we have Sams, Costco and BJ's, none of them have brisket and butts at any time of the year

I was at Costco the other day and also no Briskets either. Then had to go to Home Depot and noticed Christmas decorations where the grills used to be. I asked someone working there where they moved the Kingsford and he had to call for a location and the guy on the other end asks "who BBQ's in the Winter?" I just walked out in disgust!

Sams

A couple months ago I went to Sams in Albany NY..CLOSED!!!!..I asked one of the janitors what the deal was and he said the store is closed for good..no warning to the employees or anything, the employees showed up for work as usual and they were all informed that Sams was now defunct in Albany!!!..This store was always so darn busy it was insane..WTF??? Indeed!!!!..Wi-Doe:confused::cry:

Wi-Doe-Maker said:
A couple months ago I went to Sams in Albany NY..CLOSED!!!!..I asked one of the janitors what the deal was and he said the store is closed for good..no warning to the employees or anything, the employees showed up for work as usual and they were all informed that Sams was now defunct in Albany!!!..This store was always so darn busy it was insane..WTF??? Indeed!!!!..Wi-Doe:confused::cry:

That happens in NY quite often with national chains. I think basically the home office of the chain sees it as a smaller profit. Example, i love going out of state and eating at Perkins for breakfast, they opened one here on Long Island and the place was packed day and night but it closed, reason being corporate sees the same volume and business here and say florida and the cost of operating the store is far less in FL than NY. Even though its making making money its not enough, that swhat the manager told me at the Perkins before it closed

Here in Sioux Falls South Dakota they have briskets, butts, and finest baby back ribs all the time, but you will never find a st Louis cut rib in the store. Plenty of spares and you can make your own..

Lots of Briskets as I just got a case last Sunday and 2 case's of butts bone in. 4 cases of baby backs. I have three hunting camps to feed this weekend to cater. the Pheasant hunting is big here and the lodges are a big deal too. Lots of fun.

I agree with James.

You should get the name of he District manager or Regional manager and give him a call. They will usually do whatever it takes to make a customer happy.

To be clear, I'm not saying that they are really doing it to make you happy. They do it so the Corp does not Kick their heads in because they received a complaint. ( Just my 2 cents). Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.

JamesB said:
There ain't no reason that the meat dept. could'nt order you a case of briskets and then you would be set for a while...

A year or two ago when Costco stopped carrying bone in butts, and my Sam's memebership had lapsed, I asked them to order be a case of bone-ins and they had it on the next truck... Should be no different with Sam's Club.

James.

Went to BJ's yesterday to pick up 2 butts for the weekend. They had 3 single packed butts that didn't look so good, so I asked one of the meat dept workers if they didn't come cryovaced in 2 packs. She said yes and went in the back and brought out 2 to choose from. She also said that it's cheaper to by the 2 pack, $1.39@lb as opposed to $1.69@lb for the ones they packaged individually. So I saved $.30@lb for the 15.4 lb cryo. The brisket flats were puny, so I went to Costco. They actually had some decent flats ranging from 4lbs to 6.5lbs. I also noticed that they only carried boneless shoulders, so I asked and they said, they didn't carry bone in butts.

Costco does not carry bone in butts or whole briskets. At least here in KC. I get most of my Q meat from Sams.

Sledneck said:
Up here in NY we have Sams, Costco and BJ's, none of them have brisket and butts at any time of the year

I'm scratching NY off my list of places to move.

Just sent an email to Sams Club. Explained that briskets and butts can be done in the oven even in inclement weather. Wait and see what happens here but heck I guess this is a nationwide problem of carrying stock in the big chain stores. Especially food items.

Mike

Back