The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:57 PM   #16
BBQArk
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I've had two Maverick 732's for a few years and love them. For me, they strike the right balance between features and price. I got the longer, more heavy duty replacement probes and just run them under the lid. I just couldn't bring myself to drill holes in my wsm's. I've had one or two probes go out over the years, but replacement probes are easy to get and not horribly expensive.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:19 PM   #17
drumdawg67
Take a breath!

Just my .02. Got the older model ET73 for Xmas. Used it for the first time on Saturday for a brisket cook on the BPS UDS. except for the power switch being under the battery door( which I did know of beforehand) it's very cool.
Just in case you're budget conscious.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:23 PM   #18
grantw
is One Chatty Farker

I have the old et73 as well and the range on that is better than the igrill i had and the newer one goes farther than the one i have...

Old 04-29-2014, 09:16 PM   #19
BBQArk
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Yeah, the switch being under the battery door convinced me to pay for the extra for the et-732. I have a bad history of breaking battery door tabs while taking them on and off, so I just couldn't see it lasting long with me being a "bull in the china shop" at times ... especially since beer is often involved before time to turn them off.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #20
7over
Full Fledged Farker

The first and only remote thermoprobe I've used is the ET-732. I've not had it more than about 4 months, but no issues to date. I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Thermapen (Smooth as Silk White!)
Maverick ET-732 (w/ custom waterproofed probes)
Weber: Genesis Gasser, Smokey Joe, One Touch
PBC

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
7over is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2014, 08:08 AM   #21
jrben1
On the road to being a farker

I have the Maverick but don't use it any more. I was getting crazy readings for my pit temp.
I have had much better luck with Thermoworks products (I have the Chef Alarm and the BBQ dual K-probe) and the BBQ Guru.