1st Cook 80 Gallon Vertical Smoker Pron BB Ribs & Fatty's - PICS

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
Hear are some pics of "Huntin Smoke's" 1st Cook on his homemade 80 Gallon Vertical Smoker. It worked like a charm. Held temps for hours. Doors & tank are air tight. Not a leak anywhere. The valves worked better that my UDS. I was impressed by how steady it ran.

Pron: Baby Back Ribs with Bone Suckin Sauce Rub & Turkey Bacon with Low fat pork Fatty (on the left) The other fatty is low salt bacon with JD sausage. Both stuffed with red peppers, jalepeno peppers, cheese, onion. Both had some Bone Suckin Sauce Rub on & in it. Bothwere great tasting.
I kind of like the turkey bacon fatty better. It had a hotdog / fried bologna flavor. I like hotdogs & fried bologna, so it works for me!
It would taste great with some Carolina mustard sauce on it.

IMG_3435.jpg

IMG_3436.jpg

IMG_3437.jpg

IMG_3438.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3443.jpg

Love the smoker! Food looks danged tasty too. :thumb::-D

Great looking pron and the smoker sounds good too.

absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started painting it last night and tonight I started putting the clear coat on for the gloss finish. It is black with orange accents. I am thinking of cooking up some bbq this weekend again just not sure what to cook. Any suggestion would be great. Keep in mind I am a newbie don't want to get in over my head too soon. Thanks for all the compliments on the smokers. It was fun to build and nice to get something out of the two year college welding degree I don't use.

Back