MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
mbshop
Babbling Farker

Default deep fryer

any recommendations on a counter top deep fryer ? i have an outdoors one but way to big for small quick stuff. thanks

Old 11-07-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
bbq lover
is one Smokin' Farker

I have a masterbuilt indooor fryer it will fry up a 18 lb turkey its a set it and forget it i do wings prawns chicken its very cool

Old 11-08-2009, 12:48 AM   #3
bbqfans
Full Fledged Farker

Default mbshop.................;}-

Why go buy an appliance this close to Christmas? Take one of your heavy pots(4qt. or larger) and add oil to halfway up. heat to 350*F use the thermostat on the stove to control heat which you watch with your probe therm. or clip-on candy thermometer. No extra stuff to store and does a better job than even top of the shelf units
have fun and,

Old 11-08-2009, 04:20 AM   #4
JamesB
is one Smokin' Farker

I've been using a Delonghi model 4 quart model similar to this one for the last 7 or so years. Works great for smaller batches of stuff. Plenty big enough for fries, fried seafood etc. for my famly of 4. The nice thing is that if you are just using it for fries and stuff, you don't have to drain the oil after each cook, just put the lid on it and there it sits until you need it again. Heats up and recovers fairly quickly. Of course you ain't gonna be frying turkeys in it, but it has a basket (not shown in the pic) and works for most household frying chores.

JamesB is offline   Reply With Quote