what's the best cut for pulled pork?

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
trick question its rib trimmings!

I often over trim ribs, whether it's for a cookoff or because I'm eating alone or due to space consideration

well what to do with the scraps?......well I'll tell you ot makes some of the best bbq you've ever had.

just cook up them pieces, clean out all the junk and give it a quick chop.

I rubbed these with simply marvelous cherry and wrapped with shack sauce just as they got tender, then finished in a 170 oven. the defatted juices were added back to the chopped pork

O9V7hMYh.jpg

fcSBjHIh.jpg

That was a nice way to show some resourcefulness! I bet that was some super tasty pulled pork for sure.

I usually cook up the trimmings for the pups. On the last round, we both grabbed a bite and then another, and eventually had to apologize to the sad dogs.

I don't doubt that's fanfarkingtastic, but I'm kinda (well totally) stuck on grinding rib trim and making fatties.

The rib tips are by far my favorite part of the pig. Nothing else comes close for me. Not having the tips still on is the reason I borderline hate St. Louis cut spares.

I'd also give a shout out to lean belly for chopped/pulled pork.

That looks great and is pretty creative. I always use mine to sample a new dry rub different from the ribs themselves. I would definitely make a sammich out of that!

I originally thought this was a trick question, but I just learned a super lesson. One small problem. I always cook baby backs and there are no trimmings.

The best split pea soup I ever had was made from the rib trims :thumb:

Heck I buy rib tips as they come three to a package and I actually prefer them to Spares, St.Louis or B-Backs. I reserve my pulled pork to Shoulders and Butts.

Back