Brisket availability

aks801

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Looks like supply is good and prices are favorable.

Here in Katy TX, this morning at my HEB I picked up a 13# Choice packer for $1.99/lb. They had some nice Primes as well, I think priced at $3.59 or $3.99 per.
The Randall's closest to me has an excellent selection of Choice, also at 1.99 per.

Let's hear what y'all are finding out there!

I've seen as low as $2.88 lb at Sam's club. There have been plenty of them around. I have 3 in the chest freezer so far for the summer.

I've seen as low as $2.88 lb at Sam's club. There have been plenty of them around. I have 3 in the chest freezer so far for the summer.

Two weeks ago I was in Sam's and they had a few choice for 2.48#, went through the cooler and found a CAB prime mark for 2.48#.....I had to bring it home.:clap2:

Prime packer at Costco in northern Virginia is $3.99. But did see this obnoxious packer at Safeway last week. Gotta be mismarked.

Last edited:
Prime packer at Costco in northern Virginia is $3.99. But did see this obnoxious packer at Safeway last week. Gotta be mismarked.

But...But...But...Its Boneless! You're paying more for the luxury of not having to debone it!

So true.... I almost went to meat counter to point out the obvious but was on a mission to find some meat (affordable) for the smoker. Was hoping to see it today marked WAY down because it never sold. There was actually 2 at that price that day. Neither there today though.

HEB in central texas has an in store special for select packers this week, $1.99/lb. I haven't gone in to check out the supply as the store had a line a mile long waiting to get in when I went there this morning. But I can assume that if they are selling them at this price, there is an abundance of them.

hear in the known center of the bbq universe (S.central OHIO) krogers has started to carry full packers in late jan. got prime for 3.99lb picked up CAB choice for2.99lb last week up until 4months ago the only packers to be found where select

I had horrible beef options at Satans Warehouse today when I went to do a pickup order. No ground beef, no chuck and no briskets. Had some flank steak, and plenty of corned beef briskets. Already have 3 corned briskets in the freezer. I hope to at least find some chuckies soon.

Probably not. Our local Safeways want $9.99/lb for brisket. Flats. I haven't seen a full brisket outside of Costco in forever.*

*not since all the grocery stores had real butchers and parts of the store where whole carcasses were hanging.

So true.... I almost went to meat counter to point out the obvious but was on a mission to find some meat (affordable) for the smoker. Was hoping to see it today marked WAY down because it never sold. There was actually 2 at that price that day. Neither there today though.

Thats crazy. Did they mark it down or use it for ground beef, or did some dumb dumb buy it? I want to believe it was pulled and made into ground beef. Because if people are paying that price, we are all in trouble.

Probably not. Our local Safeways want $9.99/lb for brisket. Flats. I haven't seen a full brisket outside of Costco in forever.*

*not since all the grocery stores had real butchers and parts of the store where whole carcasses were hanging.

Our local Walmart's usually have a couple of full briskets in stock.

All the meat around here has went back to normal stock with limits removed.

I guess everyone has hoarded enough - or are so full from eating all their TP that they don't need any.

Found this Walmart mismark awhile back.

Attachments

• brisket.jpg
    brisket.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 80
Picked up a nice 14lb choice at GFS last week at 3.19/lb

Finally made it inside of a grocery store (first time in 4 weeks), HEB in north Round Rock, TX had a large selection of select packer briskets.. I found a black angus choice mislabeled as select for $1.99/lb. It's a 16lb beauty with a thick flat and generous point. Also picked up a beautiful 9.8lb pork butt for $.99/lb.

You folks are killin' me...

Here in PA - I was ecstatic to find a Choice cut at $3.99 / lb...

I so miss Texas... LOL

Typically, Choice is about $7 / lb. Prime is out of sight... over $130 for a brisket... ridiculous

Back