I Got an A$$hole Neighbor

I am going to start by reorganizing the smokers to be more out of the way and see where it goes from there. I used to have a specific skill set, but then I got old. LOL
I would wait to see if your A-Hole neighbor files a complaint. If he does, I would file a complaint against your neighbor of the other side for allowing the wind to blow from their property onto yours and dispersing the beautiful smoke you are creating for your enjoyment and instead making it blow onto your other neighbors property. Perhaps force your other neighbor build a 100ft tall fence to ensure the wind from their property does not come onto your property.

Make your complaint as ridiculous as you can.

My only suggestion is to start logging your cooks, so if it even gets that far, you have the paper trail. He'll hang himself with stupidity like complaining while you're out of town.

CC&R's are Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions. Basically the rules of the HOA.

This is the first time I have ever lived in a HOA. I have always been against it because you have to live by the rules of the CC&R's. When we were looking for a home we found housing limited in the location we wanted and settled for this one which is in an HOA.

I am going to start by reorganizing the smokers to be more out of the way and see where it goes from there. I used to have a specific skill set, but then I got old. LOL

And here I thought it was a Southern rock band with John Fogerty out front, my bad

I am not sure if he has taken it to the association or if he will. I started to send them an email but have a hard time taking something so petty to them. I decided to wait to see if he makes a complaint.

I am thinking that when the summer gets here I should invest in a boom box for the backyard. Maybe some party lights and then become a nudest. let's see how he likes looking at a naked 60 year old man with a big boiler or a 57 year old wife whose getting a little saggy too. LOL

Okay, I will be a good neighbor and keep my boiler well hidden from public view. I am going to move things around on the patio this afternoon to see if I can do more to mitigate his concerns. Cleaning the patio, what a better excuse to hang out and have a couple beers.

He will probably bring up your beer drinking next.

Mod Note:

Political content removed.

Please use the News & Politics forum to discuss the political aspects of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he’s offended by pellet smoke, he’s just being a dick. I’d soak some hickory in water and crank up some real smoke and he’ll be begging for the pellet smoke.

O.K.,here it goes.So does he,in his mind.Not taking sides at all.I would not move my smokers,relocate my patio or anything extreme.I would install a draft hood and smokestack under my covered patio to try and elevate the smoke from my smokers out of courtesy to him.If that did not suit him,well,you tried to be a good neighbor.Just remember,you catch more flies with sugar than salt.Good luck.

Wow I am really surprised at the level of the escalation. Does the smoke really linger that long?

In Colorado, near the front range, the seat backs are insanely close. Not high five from windows close, but getting there. So there isn't much room to absorb the smoke.

I billow the smoke like crazy lately, and I feel good that every neighbor would at least understand that this is no less than the freedom they could exercise in their backyard.

I personally think a person who chooses smoke as their point of argument has failed to find something better to argue about, and those are many choices.

Back