• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

foiling a chicken thigh

rookiedad

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
anyone ever try foiling chicken thihgs in the endless quest for bite through skin in competitions, also did anyone ever have any luck in going skinless, with just rub and creating a bark under the sauce?

I have not foiled individual thighs but like said have done foiled pan of sauce.

I have turned in thighs with out skin they were rubbed and cooked with the skin on then I took the skin off and sauced. We did not score any better or worse than normal we did that our first year though so I might actually try it again and see how it goes since we have a better recipe now. I like having the skin on during the cook to help protect the meat and keep it moist.

I have not foiled individual thighs but like said have done foiled pan of sauce.

I have turned in thighs with out skin they were rubbed and cooked with the skin on then I took the skin off and sauced. We did not score any better or worse than normal we did that our first year though so I might actually try it again and see how it goes since we have a better recipe now. I like having the skin on during the cook to help protect the meat and keep it moist.

Did the meat come out light, or did it darken up as the skin would? Sounds interesting.

Phil

Do some searches on my posts on chicken. Pans of chicken with lids work pretty good. Least ways I've been hitting since I took the Lotta Bull class last year. skin on and really bite thru. And remember Slabs products rule! When do I get that Sponsorship Steph?

I cooked skinless thighs our last comp. While they looked pretty good IMO, we didn't do too well with them. (13th)

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 70
Back