I need a new Injector!!

B

BBQNUTT

I was using a BIG stainless steel injector I had bought from Cabelas, but it started to corrode and finaly the threads in the end for the needle failed and the dang thing went into the trash. Can anyone reccomend a replacement that wont give me any trouble?

I had one of the suppose stainless one it did same thing as yours tried to weld it made out of some kind of pop metal. so now im buying the cheap plastic one.

I stole this from vinny

I really like MY gun style injector...comes with two needles. One with just one hole and the other has like 12 points of exit on the needle. Just wish the needle was a tiny bit smaller but works great...

Sled - you can drop it off whenever you wish.. or I'll just take some interest on the GC prize money.

Is this the one you had? I was looking into getting one of these, but if it's a cheap piece of chit I'll keep looking.

Attachments

• 4ozinjector_jpg_w300h69.jpg
    4ozinjector_jpg_w300h69.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 158
Is this the one you had? I was looking into getting one of these, but if it's a cheap piece of chit I'll keep looking.

I'd steer you away from that one. Some people like them... to me it doesn't work as well as you'd think. Might require more maintenence than I'm willing to put in...

Two schools on injectors... small needle, or large

Small:
This has the same small needle as the "green" ones, allows you to put the thumb over the top, and inject with one hand. The green are 1 oz. these are two oz. They don't last forever, but are well worth the price...

http://www.amazon.com/Outset-Q120-2...3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1222184344&sr=8-3

large:
Pistol grip is a big hit with people. For about the same money, and using the same needle you could upgrade to a pressure system. No need to refill... but doesn't cost you the $125 that the brine pump above does. The intake tube also pulls all the injection from the container, so you don't waste anything...

http://www.nocents.us/index5.html

Thats the one! It did last me for about a year and a half, but I wont buy another one. I may have to invest in one of those pressure systems that Transformer BBQ suggested. Seems like it would be a little less hassle and maybe last longer...

go for the ultimate

Last edited:
I get mine from a veterinarian. Cheap and available in many sizes. They even have one like Vinny "loaned" Sled.

LOL! I'm so pro, I got mine for $.98 at the local super and its plastic with a stainless needle.

Maybe pimp is more like it! lol

Spitjack...more money, but you'll never need to buy another one!!

Like Sled, Vinny & Eric said, it rocks!! We now own one too :biggrin:

I use those el-cheapo injectors found at Wally-World. I also have a couple injectors that came with injection sauce.

They've worked just fine for me through the years. So long as they have a metal tip and a metal screw (the plastic screw ones are junk).

injector_deluxe.jpg

Might want to try this Nocents version http://www.nocents.us/index5.html

injstdv.jpg

We use the spitjack. It is really nice and easy to use. Same as Sleds/Vinny. I do belive that ikt can also be gotten at a Vet. Store. They are worth the price. Comes with 2 needles

Howdy! I see you have some nice feedback already. I had the same prob with the metal ones.

I use the cheapos that TNBBQ uses....the cheap plastic cajun injector. If your pumping a boatload of liquid into your meat, those fancier ones might be what you are looking for. But I like the control I get, and the small needle size of the cajun injectors. I buy them 4 at a time.

Happy squirting!
Chris

OMG — Gigantic hypodermic needles! Pressurized and with pumps even. Wow, some heavy duty looking stuff here. Could do some serious alterations of meat with these toys! :eek: :twisted:

Back