• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

making pizza ahead of time questions

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My dough is ready (still in a ball)

I am going to cook a few at 6 pm (its 3:30 now) on the Akorn

Usually I make it and throw it on right away

Can I make them up and let them sit for an hour or so (they will be on parchment paper)

I have an extra fridge I can hold them in until ready to cook if I need to keep them in the fridge

thanks

I am no pizza expert, but I wouldn't risk it, dough might absorb fluids and be horrifically soggy. Why not just make the crusts and do it like usual?

because of the events of the day I wanted to make them ahead of time

Turns out I did not and just cranked them out when they needed to be done

thanks

Not sure what you use for your dough but heres what works for next time.
One patch of dough gives me 3 or 4 skins. Let rise. When I divide it up the balls can be covered and fridged for up a couple days, pull out and let rerise, about 2-2.5 hrs depending on temp.
Dough that sits out too long gets tough, if that's the right word.

I use my bread machine. Just flour, water, sugar, salt and yeast

from the time I push the start button I have dough ready in 1 hr 20 mins every time

thanks

I let mine sit in the fridge, and then remove and let rise. I honestly think the rest in the fridge makes for a better dough. Take out what you need for the first batch and leave the rest cold. Then pull those out when you need them later. My favorite dough gets a 24 hour sit in the fridge, but I rarely plan far enough ahead to make that a reality.

I was not really asking about making the dough ahead of time, I have done that before

What I wanted to do was make pizzas, load them up ahead of time and pop them in the cooker when I needed them

doesn't really matter now, the party was yesterday...

Little late but I had to put them in the fridge before like that when something came up and it worked out.

Back