• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Seasoning a PBC

F

Friscoag

My PBC will be delivered tomorrow. Is there any seasoning I need to do before my first cook? If so what do you suggest?

None!! Zip, zilch, nada ;-) You can be cooking in the thing within 30 minutes of receiving it if you want. Get ready, your gonna be blown away by its ease and YUM factor!!

I asked Noah and he said it wasn't needed, but I still sprayed mine down with Pam before the first cook.

All I did was wipe down the inside of drum and lid with a rag lightly oiled with Canola oil. Some have sprayed it down with PAM. After that, just cook something in it and let the fats do the rest.

IMHO the best way to season it is to cook a fat pork butt on it and let the natural fat and juices do the seasoning. I got mine and fired it up with a bunch of brats and chicken thighs and then the next cook was ribs and a pork shoulder. She has a nice dark tan inside going on now!

I'm doing some chicken's first. I have some high hopes on the chicken. I can't see changing my briskets or pork butt from my Egg.

I'm doing some chicken's first. I have some high hopes on the chicken. I can't see changing my briskets or pork butt from my Egg.

Please let us know what you think of the chicken! I have not had chicken from a BGE...heard its great, but cannot imagine it being better than PBC chicken. Maybe equal?? Super curious to hear though.

Got Eight chicken halves on mine now, There gonna be goooood!

I've got a large BGE and it is GREAT.....but the PBC is easier to cook four chickens on. The taste is very close with the BGE getting the slight edge.
PBC is 1/3 to 1/4 the cost of the BGE, so you have to factor that in.

If the BGE broke tomorrow, i would have another one tomorrow night :mrgreen:.

Please let us know what you think of the chicken! I have not had chicken from a BGE...heard its great, but cannot imagine it being better than PBC chicken. Maybe equal?? Super curious to hear though.

Back